Oil Service Record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS400 and Wife's Car SRX
Oil Service Record

I was just trying to find out the status of my motor oil. Percentage remaining for example.
And so does anyone know how to "decode" the oil service record? What does that even mean?
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:13 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
I don't think my 2017 CLS550 has an oil life monitor, if that is what you are asking about. Some cars have a service maintenance program built in which tells you when oil should be changed based on a number of factors. We have a program that only tells us when 10,000 miles are up or one year, and that is when we are suppose to get the oil changed, along with other stuff depending on total mileage, such as service A, service B, etc.

Oil monitors often give you a percentage of oil life remaining, as you point out. You access it on the control panel and it usually will show the "life" of the oil remaining based on a percentage. I had a Honda once that would show 100% oil life expectancy when it was reset at the oil change and then over time and miles it would decrease until you hit 15%. At that point an oil change was recommended. So maybe that is what you are looking for but I don't think we have that on the CLS. If we do, I would also like to know how to access it.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS400 and Wife's Car SRX
At the mileage screen, holding down the call button and then the OK button left side for a few seconds brings you into the service records, etc. Scrolling to the "Oil Data Record" simply reads 01 00 23 haha whatever that means...