Eurocharge / Weistec / RennTech...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2019 | 03:42 AM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by sevse7en
VirtualRain,

I literally just installed the EuroCharged tune last night along with some new K&N Filters.
It's a super straight forward process, and now I've got my stock file and my tuned file saved in Google Drive forever. Switching back and forth is just a matter of loading the desired file onto the MyGenius and taking the 5-6 minutes to flash it to the car.
Thanks! Looking forward to your impressions after running it for a bit.
Old 08-02-2019 | 10:36 AM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by loungn14
you rang?
Hey
Jake I have a euro charged here in Orlando. OE Tuning sent me an invoice that's very reasonable and a discount with it. I do you guys have any promotions running at the moment?

Regards
Mario M
Old 08-02-2019 | 10:56 AM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Suppaa Mario
Hey
Jake I have a euro charged here in Orlando. OE Tuning sent me an invoice that's very reasonable and a discount with it. I do you guys have any promotions running at the moment?

Regards
Mario M
Messaged ya
Old 11-04-2019 | 07:27 AM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
You guys w the Eurocharged tune have any updates to share? Specifically interested in reliability. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2019 | 09:08 AM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Messaged ya
Same here. I live in Orlando too and went to check their shop out the other day. Jake, what sort of deal you have for us?
Old 11-06-2019 | 01:04 PM

GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by ntwillie1
You guys w the Eurocharged tune have any updates to share? Specifically interested in reliability. Thanks.
My Eurocharged tune has been great! Had it done back in February 2018 and have no problems, no issues, no regrets. Changed the oil as needed and I am currently shopping for new tires So as far as reliability; excellent. I highly recommend this tune!

T
The following users liked this post:
ntwillie1 (11-06-2019)
Old 11-06-2019 | 03:03 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Originally Posted by Mssidah
Same here. I live in Orlando too and went to check their shop out the other day. Jake, what sort of deal you have for us?
Originally Posted by CLS SportMode
My Eurocharged tune has been great! Had it done back in February 2018 and have no problems, no issues, no regrets. Changed the oil as needed and I am currently shopping for new tires So as far as reliability; excellent. I highly recommend this tune!

T
Thank you for the feedback. My programmer (mygenius) device just arrived today. I am getting some ecu/tcu updates done on Friday and then next week will apply the tune.

I’m honestly a little nervous about doing it but it seems everyone has had mostly positive experiences. I’ll post some feedback once I have had it on for a while.
Old 11-06-2019 | 04:22 PM

2013 CLS550 4Matic OE Tuned
Thank you for the feedback. My programmer (mygenius) device just arrived today. I am getting some ecu/tcu updates done on Friday and then next week will apply the tune.

I’m honestly a little nervous about doing it but it seems everyone has had mostly positive experiences. I’ll post some feedback once I have had it on for a while.
What do you mean by "getting some ecu/tcu updates done"? Do you mean at the Mercedes dealer? Using MyGenius on my OE tune was easy peasy, don't sweat it. I've changed it back and forth multiple times from the stock tune to the OE Tune with zero problems. Marv
Old 11-06-2019 | 06:51 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Originally Posted by Tbbt CLS
What do you mean by "getting some ecu/tcu updates done"? Do you mean at the Mercedes dealer? Using MyGenius on my OE tune was easy peasy, don't sweat it. I've changed it back and forth multiple times from the stock tune to the OE Tune with zero problems. Marv
Hi Marv. Yes, I’mgetting software updates done to the car. The only thing is i’m not doing it at the dealer. I’m having it done at MBHouse in Ontario. They are also doing some other programming to my car.

I’m ok w putting the tune on and off. The part i’m nervous about is reliability and just how the car will respond to the tune. This is supposed to be my daily driver.

I’m actually getting multiple tune files. A stage 1 and a stage 1 w burble. I’ll start a new thread once its done and share the other things i’ve done to the car.
alhax (10-07-2023)
Old 11-06-2019 | 08:42 PM

2014 CLS 550
Messaged ya
In Orlando as well and am interested in the tune and a few other things, gimme a shout when free, thanks !
Old 11-06-2019 | 08:43 PM

Good answer, I wish MBHouse was here in the US near me! I would do quite a lot of their upgrades!

I have the OETune and it's performed very well and had zero problems. It's my daily also and I've driven it hard on the Colorado State Patrol road track and it's incredible. At the same time it is very streetable! Good Luck, Marv

Last edited by Tbbt CLS; 11-08-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2019 | 09:27 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Good answer, I wish MBHouse was here in the US near me! I would do quite a lot of their upgrades!

I have the OETune and it's performed very well and had zero problems. It's my daily also and I've driven it hard on the Colorado State Patrol road track and it's incredible. A the same time it is very streetable! Good Luck, Marv
Thanks Marv. They are not close to me either. I’m driving 600 miles to them. I have family in Toronto so I figured i’d pay them a visit too while out there. Having lunch w the kids and wife at the CN tower on Friday while car gets worked on.
Old 11-06-2019 | 11:23 PM

If it's possible, I would copy your MB ecu before you have any updates made to it. I would think the MBHouse guys can do this for you. It would be a precaution incase something goes wrong. Marv

PS - What all are you having them change?
Old 11-07-2019 | 08:54 AM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
If it's possible, I would copy your MB ecu before you have any updates made to it. I would think the MBHouse guys can do this for you. It would be a precaution incase something goes wrong. Marv

PS - What all are you having them change?
Good advice. I will ask them to do that. The main reason I am going is the car Play retrofit but the full list of everything they r doing is below.

Car Play retro fit
DRL LED Full Brightness
Airmatic Suspension - STAR Lowering
Agility “A” mode
Typing In Motion
Remote Trunk Closing Key Fob
Turn Signal Flash Increase
ECO Mode
Control Units Firmware (ECU/TCU)
Old 11-07-2019 | 12:00 PM

You've picked almost the exact options I would have chosen! Take your MyGenuis with you and have them copy the MB ECU to it. I know 600 miles is a long trip, but getting there from CO is a MUCH longer trip. I wish they were closer. I can't wait to hear your review about them. Good Luck, Marv

Last edited by Tbbt CLS; 11-08-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2019 | 12:18 PM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Good advice. I will ask them to do that. The main reason I am going is the car Play retrofit but the full list of everything they r doing is below.

Car Play retro fit
DRL LED Full Brightness
Airmatic Suspension - STAR Lowering
Agility “A” mode
Typing In Motion
Remote Trunk Closing Key Fob
Turn Signal Flash Increase
ECO Mode
Control Units Firmware (ECU/TCU)
thats the same thing I want to get done on my car but I don't see my self driving all the way from Florida to Canada. I really don't understand why NO one else in the American continent is offering that service? Unbelievable!
Tbbt CLS (11-07-2019)
Old 11-10-2019 | 12:44 AM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
thats the same thing I want to get done on my car but I don't see my self driving all the way from Florida to Canada. I really don't understand why NO one else in the American continent is offering that service? Unbelievable!
Ok. Just got back from my 1200 mile round trip. I’ll post a separate review but I did want to say this - Andrei and Alex; the guys that run mbhouse; told me this morning that if you can locate someone w a star computer that they can do the programming via team viewer. So for the guys that live far away but r still interested in their services it is possible. If you do happen to call them just Let the know Wil from Nj w the white CLS550 told you about them. They won’t reward me or anything; lol; but they were super nice and professional to me and my 10yr old son who is really into cars so just want to let them know it was appreciated.
Tbbt CLS (11-10-2019)
Old 11-10-2019 | 03:11 AM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Ok. Just got back from my 1200 mile round trip. I’ll post a separate review but I did want to say this - Andrei and Alex; the guys that run mbhouse; told me this morning that if you can locate someone w a star computer that they can do the programming via team viewer. So for the guys that live far away but r still interested in their services it is possible. If you do happen to call them just Let the know Wil from Nj w the white CLS550 told you about them. They won’t reward me or anything; lol; but they were super nice and professional to me and my 10yr old son who is really into cars so just want to let them know it was appreciated.
Dude you are my hero for posting this. However, I don't know anyone with star computer so im out of luck . I found then on Alibaba but even then I don't think it worth the price of 600 bucks and what I have to pay afterwards.

Please please post a video review of you did to the car. I'm so interested the most on the led light! How do they look at night and how do you like them ?
Old 11-10-2019 | 07:59 AM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Dude you are my hero for posting this. However, I don't know anyone with star computer so im out of luck . I found then on Alibaba but even then I don't think it worth the price of 600 bucks and what I have to pay afterwards.

Please please post a video review of you did to the car. I'm so interested the most on the led light! How do they look at night and how do you like them ?
Not sure if I will get to do video review but I will do a photo review w write up as soon as I get to it. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2019 | 12:31 PM

2013 CLS550
Following....
Old 11-12-2019 | 07:17 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Guys w tunes, quick question. I downloaded my ECU file today to the MyGenius programmer. When I got to step 2 it told me to make sure that I was connected to a battery charger. Are you guys doing this? I called Eurocharged and they said its recommended because if the blower fan (might have been called something else but he did use the word fan) goes off and it tends to, while the ECU is being read, and somehow the car lost power, that it would immobilize the vehicle and the ECU would then need to be sent in to get unlocked. Anyway, I had a battery tender/trickle charger so I used that but I wanted to see if you guys were doing that. I wonder for those that have taken the cars to the tuners themselves to get done if the tuner has followed those directions and put the car on a charger.

Anyway, on a side note I got my file ready to email to the tuner. I just have to drive by my gas station and see if I use 91 or 93. I can't recall, lol. I live in NJ and use BP Ultimate almost exclusively. I never put anything less than super but i can't recall the octane rating. Eurocharged said if they tune the car for 91 and i use 93 that i'm ok. But they don't recommend tuning for 93 and then I put 91 in there. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
Old 11-12-2019 | 10:25 PM

I use the OETuning 91CA tune here in CO and use 87 octane most of the time, sometimes 93 octane. NO problems so far and it rocks. The reason to use a charger is that you get a steady voltage. It is recommended by OETuning. I've sometimes not used a charger when changing tunes and all is OK so far. I think once the tunes are downloaded to MyGenuis, it really doesn't matter, because it takes only a few minutes to change tunes. Marv
SALES@OETUNING (11-14-2019)
Old 11-13-2019 | 06:05 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
The battery charger thing...I didn't had to go through when I got my tune from EC.

The reliability so far is there. Haven't had any issues so far. But, it hasn't been that long that I've had the tune on my car. I've pulled it hard quite a few times and no issues at all. Don't know how it will impact on the parts in the long run.

Does anyone know what exactly RT does in their Transmission service that costs $3k+...is it only clutch pad replacement? So the trans can take the additional torque?
Ryan B. (11-15-2019)
Old 11-13-2019 | 06:26 PM

2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by Roop94
The battery charger thing...I didn't had to go through when I got my tune from EC.

The reliability so far is there. Haven't had any issues so far. But, it hasn't been that long that I've had the tune on my car. I've pulled it hard quite a few times and no issues at all. Don't know how it will impact on the parts in the long run.

Does anyone know what exactly RT does in their Transmission service that costs $3k+...is it only clutch pad replacement? So the trans can take the additional torque?

x2
Old 11-14-2019 | 06:22 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Thanks for the responses to my questions about the battery charger. I’m using it just to be safe.

On a side note - I just applied my tune. It got scary for a bit because while the file was being written to the ecu the car started complaining saying the vehiclenis inoperable. Do not shift gears. Do not drive. Go to your dealer. Eventually after the upload was complete the messages went away but no one warned me about that. I’ll call EC tomorrow to ask if thats normal.

I’ll drive the car late next week for the first time. Tonight i just fired it up to take a listen to the burble. So far it sounds throaty and kicks in on downshift at about 3k. I asked them to go mild on it. I like the way it sounds but not sure i will stay on the burble tune or just regular tune. Also, smells. Like a bad bbq. Hope that stink goes away after the car gets used to the tune. I’m definitely flashing back to stock whenever i have to go to the dmv.

Last edited by ntwillie1; 12-04-2019 at 07:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharge / Weistec / RennTech...?