Eurocharge / Weistec / RennTech...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2019 | 12:10 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Eurocharge / Weistec / RennTech...?

Hello fellas,

I am interested in getting a tune for mine this coming summer and I can't decide which brand to go with. Who has any of these and what are you experiences so far, good/bad? What mods you had to do due to the tune? Change of any gaskets or replacing any other parts?

Eurocharge: $1400 = 530hp and 606 tq
Weistec: $1500 = 540hp and 715 tq
RennTech: $2500 = 540 hp and 705 tq

What i don't understand is the pricing. RennTech is overpriced, though it is a good company. Weistec gives same number but with way less cost, anyone has Weistec tune? Is the trans able to handle that much tq? Anyone who has RennTech can maybe shed some light?

I'm between Eurocharge and Weistec and their prices are pretty much the same, but big jump in torque.

Did you guys have ANY kind of issues regarding the tunes?

AND has the gear shifting changed at all? Is it more quicker or about the same? What other changes did you notice the way the car behaves?

Mine is RWD, btw.
Old 05-02-2019 | 07:40 PM

2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
I have a 13 with a Race IQ tune. Mine has allot more mods now, but with pretty much a tune an exhaust made more power on the dyno than the numbers you are posting. But dont get all caught up in advertised numbers. personally id go Race IQ or Eurocharged
Old 05-02-2019 | 11:21 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by gixxerboy
I have a 13 with a Race IQ tune. Mine has allot more mods now, but with pretty much a tune an exhaust made more power on the dyno than the numbers you are posting. But dont get all caught up in advertised numbers. personally id go Race IQ or Eurocharged
Hmmm, I checked RaceIQ site, it offers 58hp and 90tq gains for $1900. I don't think that almost 2k is worth for that little gain lol But for 63 AMGs, you guys get a good amount of gain. But for 550s, it's a very little gain compared to the pricing.
Yes, I am looking at Eurocharge tune for $1400. Or there is OE tune is offering 500hp and 580tq for $1200.

I do have straight pipes...removal of resonator and mufflers. Does that change any numbers regarding hp or tq? I hear downpipes do, but they are also costing upwards of $1,800, which is quite a bit.
Old 05-03-2019 | 10:12 AM

The exhaust will ad a little. Again dont get hung up on a advertised peak number. There is allot more to a tune than that. How big is the power curve?
Old 05-04-2019 | 02:04 AM

W218 Stage 2, E85
What do you mean by power curve?

Here's the link to OE tune's Dyno run.
https://www.oetuning.com/products/me...cls500-biturbo

Eurocharge has no dyno run image, just description with numbers.

Below is the dyno run from Weistec...though it's of an E550, M278, the engine and power output is the same when stock.

Do you think removing secondary cat, which has no sensors at all, will have any impact at all to power or the exhaust sound??? Currently i only have the primary cats and secondary cat intact. Removed resonator and both mufflers.

Old 05-04-2019 | 03:05 AM

Yes removing them will help sound some. And a little power, not much.
You keep talking peak numbers. You can have more peak hp, but make it over a small rpm band. So someone with less "hp" can be faster if they make power over a larger range.
Again dont go caught up in some advertised numbers. I tune. I can say my tune makes xxx hp.
I spend allot of time with these cars I'd go race IQ or eurocharged. Also you will receive better customer service from either of them if you have any issues
Old 05-05-2019 | 02:02 AM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Ohh I see what you mean. Yea I'm leaning towards EuroCharge as well. I know a few people who used EuroCharge as were happy with their tunes. I am just collecting any information on these tunes for now and trying to get feedback from anyone who have used these or any other brands so I can better my decisions.
I will be getting the tune sometime in June. I take my sweet time as there are no exchanges/refunds in these situations if you go with a wrong one lol

Also, does the tune changes the behavior of shifting? Gear shifting speed stays same or any noticeable diff if it's any quicker?

But thanks for your time and that info.

Last edited by Roop94; 05-05-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2019 | 01:43 AM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
I’ve been looking at a tune now that they are available via OBD.

I think the the key to a good tune is one that provides decent gains while still maintaining some sense of reliability and drivability. Some tunes might push things to the edge, and if your particular cars tolerances aren’t up to the task, you’re going to have problems. Mercedes tunes these cars for maximum reliability. If you have deep pockets, you can swing the tune in the opposite direction, but just be aware of the consequences. Get a good tune that is the right balance for you. From what I’ve read, Eurocharged seems to have deep knowledge of what they are doing, and a large customer base who are mostly happy. You will find a horror story for every tuner, as some cars just won’t take a tune well. So get a tune from a company that’s reputable and provides good service and you’ll be fine.

As an aside, since my car is still under warranty, I’m interested in the OBD tune that allows me to role back the tune to the factory config. What I don’t understand, is how this is done. Does the OBD tuning device keep a record of factory values to restore? Or it has a generic factory tune built in?
The following users liked this post:
sevse7en (07-22-2019)
Old 05-06-2019 | 04:07 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by VirtualRain
I’ve been looking at a tune now that they are available via OBD.

I think the the key to a good tune is one that provides decent gains while still maintaining some sense of reliability and drivability. Some tunes might push things to the edge, and if your particular cars tolerances aren’t up to the task, you’re going to have problems. Mercedes tunes these cars for maximum reliability. If you have deep pockets, you can swing the tune in the opposite direction, but just be aware of the consequences. Get a good tune that is the right balance for you. From what I’ve read, Eurocharged seems to have deep knowledge of what they are doing, and a large customer base who are mostly happy. You will find a horror story for every tuner, as some cars just won’t take a tune well. So get a tune from a company that’s reputable and provides good service and you’ll be fine.

As an aside, since my car is still under warranty, I’m interested in the OBD tune that allows me to role back the tune to the factory config. What I don’t understand, is how this is done. Does the OBD tuning device keep a record of factory values to restore? Or it has a generic factory tune built in?
Yea i might go with Eurocharge. I've heard quite a few people go with Euro and so far so good. Though I came in contact with one person who did RennTech and also upgraded his turbos and had no issues, but that's a lot expensive and not going that route lol. And I also wonder what are the actual numbers of hp/tq at the wheel for Euro. They offer 540hp and 606 is tq at the crank. Since mine is RWD and considering ~10% loss to drivetrain, it should be around min 450 to 480hp and at least 510tq at the wheels.

And not sure how exactly that MyGenius device works, my friend has that on his GL550. He said he is able to download the tune and un-install it whenever he wants. His GL is also under warranty and he installed the cut-outs, sounds pretty good too.
I believe the way this works is the OBD, MyGenius device, doesn't know the stock numbers of whatever. It simply installs whatever the software is inside the device onto the ECU and un-installs it when you "delete it." All these tunes do is change the air/fuel mixture ratio. That's just my take
Old 05-07-2019 | 02:36 AM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by Roop94
Yea i might go with Eurocharge. I've heard quite a few people go with Euro and so far so good. Though I came in contact with one person who did RennTech and also upgraded his turbos and had no issues, but that's a lot expensive and not going that route lol. And I also wonder what are the actual numbers of hp/tq at the wheel for Euro. They offer 540hp and 606 is tq at the crank. Since mine is RWD and considering ~10% loss to drivetrain, it should be around min 450 to 480hp and at least 510tq at the wheels.

And not sure how exactly that MyGenius device works, my friend has that on his GL550. He said he is able to download the tune and un-install it whenever he wants. His GL is also under warranty and he installed the cut-outs, sounds pretty good too.
I believe the way this works is the OBD, MyGenius device, doesn't know the stock numbers of whatever. It simply installs whatever the software is inside the device onto the ECU and un-installs it when you "delete it." All these tunes do is change the air/fuel mixture ratio. That's just my take
Thanks. Yeah, I posted my findings on how the MyGenius thing works in another thread.

Let it us know how it goes once you get your tune. Cheers!
Old 05-07-2019 | 12:47 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Yea I read your post there. Makes sense. Plus, i also believe that the MyGenius device only works with on vehicle that it initially was used with? Just like lowering modules for our cars.

I want to get the wheels and the tune by June, so I'm not in a rush. My school gets done in 2 weeks and we are changing from carpet to wood floor in our house, so will be busy for a bit. I would say I want both these done by the end of June. Will keep you posted.
Old 05-23-2019 | 06:15 PM

GLC 43 AMG
I have the Eurocharged tune on my 2014 CLS550 rwd. I love the gains it provided! I have had it for about 18 months and have had no issues, shifting is very smooth around town. Not sure if Jake is still with them but might want to reach out to him and see if he can offer any deals...

I recommend Eurocharged.

T
sevse7en (07-22-2019)
Old 05-29-2019 | 02:09 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by CLS SportMode
I have the Eurocharged tune on my 2014 CLS550 rwd. I love the gains it provided! I have had it for about 18 months and have had no issues, shifting is very smooth around town. Not sure if Jake is still with them but might want to reach out to him and see if he can offer any deals...

I recommend Eurocharged.

T
Thanks for the input. I do have my eyes on Eurocharge atm. But I'm in the midst of ordering a lot of things within a month or so, the total price is a bit scary lol The cat-less downpipes, tune, ferrada FR8 wheels...adding up to $5k lol
Did you dyno your car after the tune? I hear with Euro the numbers are around 470hp and 550+ tq, at the wheels.

What mods do you have besides the ecu tune?

And how can I find this person Jake? Can give it a try if you can refer to one of his post in a thread or so...?
sevse7en (07-22-2019)
Old 05-30-2019 | 01:58 PM

CLS400 and Wife's Car SRX
Just my 2 cents. CLS400
I spent too much money on this car to want to have to dink with it.
It's perfect the way it is... thrilling in fact.
Old 05-30-2019 | 02:21 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Thanks for the input. I do have my eyes on Eurocharge atm. But I'm in the midst of ordering a lot of things within a month or so, the total price is a bit scary lol The cat-less downpipes, tune, ferrada FR8 wheels...adding up to $5k lol
Did you dyno your car after the tune? I hear with Euro the numbers are around 470hp and 550+ tq, at the wheels.

What mods do you have besides the ecu tune?

And how can I find this person Jake? Can give it a try if you can refer to one of his post in a thread or so...?

you rang?
Old 05-30-2019 | 03:44 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by celmem
Just my 2 cents. CLS400
I spent too much money on this car to want to have to dink with it.
It's perfect the way it is... thrilling in fact.
How much you got it for?
Old 05-30-2019 | 03:48 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by loungn14
you rang?
sent you a PM.
Old 07-22-2019 | 03:46 PM

W218 - CLS550 4MATIC
Literally just ordered the Eurocharged tune 5 minutes ago and I'm *DAMN* excited for the OBDII Module to get here
I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 07-22-2019 | 04:21 PM

W218 - CLS550 4MATIC
Yea I read your post there. Makes sense. Plus, i also believe that the MyGenius device only works with on vehicle that it initially was used with? Just like lowering modules for our cars.

I want to get the wheels and the tune by June, so I'm not in a rush. My school gets done in 2 weeks and we are changing from carpet to wood floor in our house, so will be busy for a bit. I would say I want both these done by the end of June. Will keep you posted.

@Roop94 Did you end up getting it end of June? if so, how are you liking it?
Old 07-24-2019 | 04:00 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by sevse7en
@Roop94 Did you end up getting it end of June? if so, how are you liking it?
Yes, though I ordered it end of May, since their devices were on backorder, I received it at end of June.
It is more fun now haha. I feel the difference in first gear on manual like right away. A lot more spin If I floor it on 1st gear in manual compared to stock. Mine is RWD. Exhaust sound changed big time on the pulls. Before it used to be pretty quiet after 3k rpm, but now, it barks all the way up to redline. I removed resonator and mufflers, btw. Thinking to put X pipe soon, they're literally straight pipes atm.
I have yet to dyno and actually see what numbers are being produced here. Because when I was asking questions regarding the tune to either EC or their dealers...they claimed 530hp and 606tq. Even their website claimed same numbers. But now, their website claims 510hp 606tq, 20hp less. Not sure why? I literally saw 530hp claim on their website like a few months ago. That's why I want to dyno it sometime soon.

These german cars are smooth man. Sometimes I'll pull it on the freeway for no reason...I'll go triple digits from like 50mph and I don't even feel that im past 100mph lol
sevse7en (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019 | 05:36 AM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
Literally just ordered the Eurocharged tune 5 minutes ago and I'm *DAMN* excited for the OBDII Module to get here
I'll keep ya'll posted.
Looking forward to your full review. What year is your car?
Old 07-31-2019 | 05:37 AM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
Yes, though I ordered it end of May, since their devices were on backorder, I received it at end of June.
It is more fun now haha. I feel the difference in first gear on manual like right away. A lot more spin If I floor it on 1st gear in manual compared to stock. Mine is RWD. Exhaust sound changed big time on the pulls. Before it used to be pretty quiet after 3k rpm, but now, it barks all the way up to redline. I removed resonator and mufflers, btw. Thinking to put X pipe soon, they're literally straight pipes atm.
I have yet to dyno and actually see what numbers are being produced here. Because when I was asking questions regarding the tune to either EC or their dealers...they claimed 530hp and 606tq. Even their website claimed same numbers. But now, their website claims 510hp 606tq, 20hp less. Not sure why? I literally saw 530hp claim on their website like a few months ago. That's why I want to dyno it sometime soon.

These german cars are smooth man. Sometimes I'll pull it on the freeway for no reason...I'll go triple digits from like 50mph and I don't even feel that im past 100mph lol
Thanks for sharing... how is the OBD module as far as applying the tune? Have you had to or tried reverting to stock? I'm still under warranty on my 2016 so I'm keen to get a tune that allows me to go back to stock for dealer visits.
Old 07-31-2019 | 11:05 AM

W218 - CLS550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by VirtualRain
Thanks for sharing... how is the OBD module as far as applying the tune? Have you had to or tried reverting to stock? I'm still under warranty on my 2016 so I'm keen to get a tune that allows me to go back to stock for dealer visits.
VirtualRain,

I literally just installed the EuroCharged tune last night along with some new K&N Filters.
It's a super straight forward process, and now I've got my stock file and my tuned file saved in Google Drive forever. Switching back and forth is just a matter of loading the desired file onto the MyGenius and taking the 5-6 minutes to flash it to the car.
VirtualRain (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019 | 11:07 AM

W218 - CLS550 4MATIC
Talking

@Roop94 I see what you mean about it being more fun . I just drove 100 miles this morning and I went from 65 to 110 on "accident"... multiple times.
Dblok1113 (11-19-2019)
Old 08-01-2019 | 12:29 AM

W218 Stage 2, E85
@Roop94 I see what you mean about it being more fun . I just drove 100 miles this morning and I went from 65 to 110 on "accident"... multiple times.
I know right? I've had too many of those "accidents". It's even more fun because the tune actually opened up my exhaust note a lot more now. Sometimes the speed itself and how fast the car pulls doesn't make me smile as much as the exhaust does, now, sometimes haha. I'm definitely looking forward to catless downpipes later into this year. And looking to see what other mods I can do to increase the power and not break my wallet lol I want to get to around 600-650 hp doeee.
Dblok1113 (11-19-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharge / Weistec / RennTech...?