Dual ECUs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 05:11 PM

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
2011 E550
Dual ECUs

Hey guys, so just to make this as non boring and straight forward as I can, would using two ECUs, one tuned and one stock prevent MB from seeing I had a tune on the car?

I ask this not to seem like a cheating charley, and defraud MB for my own actions, but I also don't want to be held holding the bag for something that had nothing to due with a tune. I do know if MB knows I have a tune, they'll 99.9 point to that, even though it had nothing to do with a power train failure in question.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 CLS550C4 (C218)
You could always simply go this route: https://www.renntechmercedes.com/index.php/products/hht

Majority of the tuning companies are doing this now....

THE HAND-HELD TUNING MODULE / TUNE OR STOCK ON THE GO

The RENNtech Hand-Held Tuning Module creates significant gains in horsepower and torque across the vehicle’s entire power band. By modifying ignition timing and throttle mapping, optimizing air-to-fuel ratios, increasing the engine’s rev limiter and modifying boost mapping for turbo-charged vehicles, RENNtech performance software unleashes the true potential of your Mercedes. RENNtech HHT (Hand-Held Tuner) allows you the unlimited ability to switch between TUNED or STOCK ECU programming without ECU removal!

Our proprietary tuning module stores both the RENNtech TUNED file and your vehicles STOCK firmware file. The module plugs directly into the OBD2 port and delivers the file directly to the ECU. Programming takes only a few minutes and the vehicle can be re-flashed any time and as many times as you wish. Tune or back to stock on the go!

RENNtech has been at the forefront of ECU tuning since electronic engine management since the mid-1980s. Decades of experience with BOSCH Engine Control Units, countless hours of in-house Research & Development along with exhaustive testing ensures that our ECU upgrades offer incredible performance gains and rock solid daily driver reliability.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 GL450
Eurocharged also has a tuner that will allow you to flash to and from stock!