Command system keeps restarting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 08:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 CLS550
Command system keeps restarting?

Has anyone experienced the command system restarting every 5 mins while driving? It just started today. Could it be battery related?
Old 03-10-2020, 11:55 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by therocket
Has anyone experienced the command system restarting every 5 mins while driving? It just started today. Could it be battery related?
Mine was similar situation and it started restarting every couple of minutes but then it got more and more frequent after about a week or so and by the time the Bluetooth connected on screen it restarted again. I had someone tell me I needed to replace the aux battery and I did and it did nothing, I ended up going to 3 different dealers and they told me the unit was no good, one guy told me to get off eBay and they can install it no problem which was a lie because when I found one on eBay for my exact year make and model and brought it back to him at the dealership they told me no one could program it without a PIN number that only the person that removes the unit can retrieve for a short period of time. I was stuck with a unit until my local shop that only works on mercedes, told me they knew someone at the dealer a little further from me so I went and he hooked it up and got it working but my navigation doesn’t work ... yet. I would try the aux battery and see if that works if not you can always return it. I hope that’s what it is, aux battery shouldn’t be that pricey I think I paid around 100
The following users liked this post:
therocket (03-13-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ml320cdi 300D
My 2014 E Class started doing this a few days ago. No problems before. It rebooted 20 times yesterday. I see a number of comments from different classes of MBZ of similar years saying they have a similar problem. I have to think that MBZ sent out some kind of over the air update which was defective. Maybe this is how they try to convince you to buy a new car?
therocket (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 06:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 CLS550
Thank you. This was caused by an XM Radio issue and it happened to a lot of people. Resetting the radio by holding the off button for a min did the trick.
Tbbt CLS (03-14-2020)