Purchased lowered CLS550, how to reset back to factory height ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Purchased lowered CLS550, how to reset back to factory height ?

I must suck at searching, couldn't find much after 1 hour of looking. I am simply looking to find out how do I go about resetting the airmatic suspension back to the factory height settings ?

It's a 2012 CLS550 4matic which I am the 3rd owner of. The original owner had it lowered by a module is my guess.
It is a bit too low for my liking (even in raised / comfort mode). Also once the car lowers itself at highway speeds, the raise button will stop working unless I park and turn the car off.

Not sure if this will apply to the CLS as well, I found on other Mercedes models it can be done through a good OBD scanner ?
Once I get it back to stock height I'll probably just do a front-link and call it a day.
Old 01-14-2023, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 985 Likes on 766 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
With STAR/Xentry and an inclinometer app on your cell phone it will take you about 1 hour. You have to go into control modules, chassis, suspension, actuations, initial actuation with manual settings. Just follow the instructions and Ensure voltage values are within the designated range and the inclination angles on the front control arms and rear axles are within the appropriate range and press save.
If you search under my username I've had a couple of posts on this.
The following users liked this post:
RavenCLS (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 05:45 PM
SPONSOR

Received 825 Likes on 638 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by 1exotic
I must suck at searching, couldn't find much after 1 hour of looking. I am simply looking to find out how do I go about resetting the airmatic suspension back to the factory height settings ?

It's a 2012 CLS550 4matic which I am the 3rd owner of. The original owner had it lowered by a module is my guess.
It is a bit too low for my liking (even in raised / comfort mode). Also once the car lowers itself at highway speeds, the raise button will stop working unless I park and turn the car off.

Not sure if this will apply to the CLS as well, I found on other Mercedes models it can be done through a good OBD scanner ?
Once I get it back to stock height I'll probably just do a front-link and call it a day.
I can do it in 3 min