My Comprehensive Video Review of the C/W218 2014 CLS 550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550 W218
My Comprehensive Video Review of the C/W218 2014 CLS 550

Owned this car for the last 18 months. Along with buying and learning a slew of new equipment to level up my YT channel, I took that opportunity to do an 18 month look-back review, not only on the W218, but on my own 2014 CLS 550. Enjoy!

Old 04-08-2023, 04:01 PM

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2013 Weistec 540/715 tuned CLS 550, 2008 E350, and '07 Jaguar S-Type R
Thank you for the best summary of the CLS550 I've seen.
I was seeking the same attributes when I gravitated from a heavily modified Corvette Grand Sport. The CLS clicked all my boxes, also: Fast, good handling, solid, German-built, and luxurious. I was fortunate to find a low mileage example that the mature enthusiast owner had recently modified with a Weistec Engineering ECU tune as well as Quaife limited-slip differential. The resulting 540 HP/ 715 Ft Lbs of torque made the trip from Illinois back to our home in Phoenix the most enjoyable and fun drive I've ever experienced.
I can honestly say that I have not missed the Corvette at all - an amazing statement considering how big this car is. Now with 64K miles, the only repair that has been required was replacing the inexpensive coolant overflow tank which had a slight leak. This car has (so far) been bulletproof. I agree that a well-maintained used CLS550 is a fantastic bargain.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550 W218
Originally Posted by DigitalDisaster
Thank you for the best summary of the CLS550 I've seen.
I was seeking the same attributes when I gravitated from a heavily modified Corvette Grand Sport. The CLS clicked all my boxes, also: Fast, good handling, solid, German-built, and luxurious. I was fortunate to find a low mileage example that the mature enthusiast owner had recently modified with a Weistec Engineering ECU tune as well as Quaife limited-slip differential. The resulting 540 HP/ 715 Ft Lbs of torque made the trip from Illinois back to our home in Phoenix the most enjoyable and fun drive I've ever experienced.
I can honestly say that I have not missed the Corvette at all - an amazing statement considering how big this car is. Now with 64K miles, the only repair that has been required was replacing the inexpensive coolant overflow tank which had a slight leak. This car has (so far) been bulletproof. I agree that a well-maintained used CLS550 is a fantastic bargain.
Oh my gosh! My expansion tank in my 2014 BMW X6 cracked and puked its guts out also. What is it with German cars and expansion tanks! LoL

I'll be buying a Toyota Highlander in a year and pretty much turning my CLS into a weekend car. New rims. Down-pipes, etc. All this will be covered on my channel. So please.. Subscribe!
Old 04-10-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2013 Weistec 540/715 tuned CLS 550, 2008 E350, and '07 Jaguar S-Type R
Originally Posted by Superconductor
Oh my gosh! My expansion tank in my 2014 BMW X6 cracked and puked its guts out also. What is it with German cars and expansion tanks! LoL

I'll be buying a Toyota Highlander in a year and pretty much turning my CLS into a weekend car. New rims. Down-pipes, etc. All this will be covered on my channel. So please.. Subscribe!
Great, I have also been looking at possibly getting downpipes - looking forward to seeing what you come up with and will subscribe.