Spotting 2014 CLS 550 Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 04:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E55
Spotting 2014 CLS 550 Options

I am shopping for a 2014 CLS 550 and have some basic questions about what I should be looking for in the pictures. The answers are probably somewhere on here in mbworld but my searches failed to show them. Thanks in advance!

1. I'm coming from the Lexus world where there is a Lexus driver's site where you can put in the VIN and it will show all specs about the car when it was ordered/delivered, along with all dealership service history. Is there anything like that for Mercedes or do we just have to rely on Carfax (uggh)?

2. Is there a way to tell on the 2014 CLS 550 if it has blindspot, parking assist, lane departure, adaptive cruise control, etc? I believe most of those "Driver's assistance" items came in a package but I don't know what to look for in the pictures when I'm searching the car sites.

3. I see there is a button for "Sport/Comf" next to the middle console knob. I assume that if that button exists then it has air suspension. Correct? I'm looking to avoid air suspension.

4. Other than the 4Matic emblem on the trunk, if a previous owner has removed badges/emblems, is there a way to see if it is 4Matic?

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
CLS500
VIN decoder, will show you ALL options fitted.

https://www.mbdecoder.com/
The following users liked this post:
TooHappy (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 08:26 PM
OBP

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Lexus SC430, CLS550 4matic, GLK350 4matic, Volvo XC90 T8, E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by TooHappy
I am shopping for a 2014 CLS 550 and have some basic questions about what I should be looking for in the pictures. The answers are probably somewhere on here in mbworld but my searches failed to show them. Thanks in advance!

1. I'm coming from the Lexus world where there is a Lexus driver's site where you can put in the VIN and it will show all specs about the car when it was ordered/delivered, along with all dealership service history. Is there anything like that for Mercedes or do we just have to rely on Carfax (uggh)?

2. Is there a way to tell on the 2014 CLS 550 if it has blindspot, parking assist, lane departure, adaptive cruise control, etc? I believe most of those "Driver's assistance" items came in a package but I don't know what to look for in the pictures when I'm searching the car sites.

3. I see there is a button for "Sport/Comf" next to the middle console knob. I assume that if that button exists then it has air suspension. Correct? I'm looking to avoid air suspension.

4. Other than the 4Matic emblem on the trunk, if a previous owner has removed badges/emblems, is there a way to see if it is 4Matic?

Thanks.
Nice to see a Lexus owner getting to know the CLS - I did this journey nine years ago. Mine is a 2014 CLS550 special order/Euro delivery so here is what I remember from way back then when I was shopping.

If any owner is like me, even if you have access to MB records on the CLS, a car like mine will show very few records apart from warranty work because I did all regular service at an independent mechanic and I do air filter and A/c filter work on my own.

Look for the Distronic, Driver Assistance Package. If the star on the grille is covered in a full clear plastic shield you have the full radar cruise control package. If the star is hollow with no plastic shield, the radar for Distronic is absent.

Blind spot assist - look for the small triangles in the side mirror glass - clear when engine is off and when driving with no one in the blind spot, yellow when car is on but blind spot is not active ( due to too low a speed etc..), red when driving normally with someone in the blind spot.

Sport/Comf button - yes that is air suspension. IIRC the 2014 year CLS550 came standard with air suspension

4 matic - just by looking from the exterior, it will be hard to tell if its 4matic assuming the 4matic badge is removed.

Good luck with your search

The following users liked this post:
TooHappy (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 10:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E55
Those are the kinds of answers I was looking for. Thanks, guys!