CLS W218 Vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2024 | 02:28 PM

CLS 500 W218
CLS W218 Vibration

Hi, I have a M278 CLS500 2012, I have vibration at the speeds of 100kmh and above, it’s a strange vibration that is very loud, car is mechanically fine. On the front windshield where the side roofing’s are, the weatherstrips on either side are missing, just wondering would that be the cause? Mercedes-Benz vibration

Old 02-14-2024 | 03:08 PM

2013 Weistec 540/715 tuned CLS 550, 2008 E350, and '07 Jaguar S-Type R
Originally Posted by MY10
Hi, I have a M278 CLS500 2012, I have vibration at the speeds of 100kmh and above, it’s a strange vibration that is very loud, car is mechanically fine. On the front windshield where the side roofing’s are, the weatherstrips on either side are missing, just wondering would that be the cause? Mercedes-Benz vibration
If you're sure this isn't a tire issue, I would have the driveshaft checked to make sure it did not lose a weight or somehow get bent. If that's fine, make sure there's not a bad differential pinion bearing. As for the weatherstrip, it appears to be dry rotted.
Old 02-15-2024 | 03:25 AM

CLS 500 W218
Originally Posted by DigitalDisaster
If you're sure this isn't a tire issue, I would have the driveshaft checked to make sure it did not lose a weight or somehow get bent. If that's fine, make sure there's not a bad differential pinion bearing. As for the weatherstrip, it appears to be dry rotted.
Yeah I am sure it’s not a tire issue, I will have that checked but I have just ordered the weatherstrip rubbers. I’m not sure the picture I added before fully showed what I meant, there is a rubber piece that goes directly under the side roofings and the rubber is basically non existent, and the roofing piece above the rubbers is quite vulnerable, you could feel it’s weaker when you tap down on it. Let’s see if the vibration goes because it is a very weird vibration that you don’t feel on the steering wheel but on the front of the car going above 60mph so it is quite likely it is just these rubbers.

however I do have a different issue which is when I start the car (not every single time) but there is a rattle for a few seconds and it disappears.