CLS550 / Racechip Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 12:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2005 S55 AMG
CLS550 / Racechip Tuning

I just got a new to me '13 CLS550, and I'm looking for a bit more power.....eventually I might go with a full custom e30 tune, but in the meantime, the Race Chips Tuning piggyback box seems like a good starting point especially in CA where I hear they're starting to check the computers for tunes. I found some older threads on here about the Race Chips stuff, but nothing recent. I know it's not some crazy power gain, but $400 for 66hp sounds pretty fun. I know about a lot of the little problems, but the timing chain seems to be a big one. No start up rattle or noise or anything, but how much should I really expect to get hit for if the chain and tensioners need replaced? I'm talking Benz repair shop, not dealership. I love the car so far and it seems strong...went 8.68 at 88 mph in the 1/8 with an off idle launch. Thanks for the insight all who might reply https://www.racechip.us/shop/mercede...IaArEwEALw_wcB
Old 05-20-2024, 10:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 CLS550 4Matic, 2013 Audi A6
I had a RaceChip box for my old 550 BMW. If they gave me one to use on the CLS-Class I'd throw that thing as far as I could into the lake, thats how much I despise RaceChip. Don't say you were not warned. Wait till around Black Friday for the sale on OETuning tune and programer and get a real proven setup that works.
The following users liked this post:
Tbbt CLS (05-25-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 11:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2005 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by KnappAttack
I had a RaceChip box for my old 550 BMW. If they gave me one to use on the CLS-Class I'd throw that thing as far as I could into the lake, thats how much I despise RaceChip. Don't say you were not warned. Wait till around Black Friday for the sale on OETuning tune and programer and get a real proven setup that works.
Thanks for the opinion! Finally someone responded! Seems like a lot of people lately like OE.....