CLS550 wont start, dash instruments flash then turn off including headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 mercedes benz cls 550
CLS550 wont start, dash instruments flash then turn off including headlights

Am currently stranded as my car just went out. The only thing i saw on the cluster was SRS malfunction service required. When i try to turn on the car it cranks a tiny bit then just stops, the whole dash flashes up over and over not as it’s supposed to including the internal lights and everything else and the clock completely spins around and resets it’s time. The brake is also pushed all the way down and won’t move after trying to start the car. All other electrical stuff in the car still works except the interior lights & car horn when locking. It sounds as if there was a liquid flushing noise but it could be just the clock turning. The other day it almost did this to me but cranked through. I have a suspension issue and can still hear the compressor running as well. I wasn’t driving the car while this happened, i came to this spot and turned off my car for about 30+ mins and when i wanted to leave is when it happened.

Last edited by Nick310; Yesterday at 02:06 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It sounds like your CLS550 might just have a weak battery. Check or replace that first. The flashing dash instruments, resetting clock, and unresponsive brake pedal suggest that there could be a significant issue with the vehicle’s main power distribution, such as a failing battery connection or a problematic ground strap. Additionally, the SRS malfunction could indicate a short circuit or failure within the airbag control module, which can disrupt other electronic systems in the car. The intermittent starting issue and the noises you described might also point to a faulty ignition switch or a malfunctioning body control module (BCM) that's causing erratic behavior across various electrical components. I recommend checking for fault codes in both the body control module (BCM) and the powertrain control module (PCM). These modules are likely to store diagnostic information related to the electrical anomalies you're experiencing. While taking your car to a mechanic is a solid option, if you prefer to troubleshoot it yourself, investing in a full system scanner like youcanic’s full system scanner would be very helpful as it can access all relevant systems comprehensively. Just be cautious to use a comprehensive scanner, or if you opt for a basic OBD2 scanner such as the BlueDriver Bluetooth scanner, you might not retrieve all necessary fault codes. Have you inspected the battery terminals and ground connections to ensure they are secure and free of corrosion?