Cls Problems!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:09 PM
bhr
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls Problems!!

I just got the CLS one day and guess what the engine light indicator is on. I dont know if it was there yesterday but i am really pissed

the car is new and tested

Another thing is the jerking in the breaks or transmission when the car is slowing down to hault.

Has anyone had these problems?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:21 PM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
nope. 2 months and been smooth sailing. the "jerk" u feel when coming to a stop is probably what a lot of people have been talking about, it seems like the Sport mode has a little bit of a rough downshift at times. im interested to see what the dealer says about the check engine light, please report back on the findings...
Old 03-15-2005, 08:03 PM

E320/CLS500
I've had my CLS for about two weeks and the SRS light came on yesterday. The dealer was very nice about it and reported that the drivers airbag was faulty. Unfortunately, there are no replacements in the USA and I have been told to wait a week for a replacement. In the meantime, they have cautioned me about driving because of the liability of not having an airbag.

The jerking is due to the new 7-speed transmission. Insure your transmission button is set to C (comfort), versus S (sport); the jerking you feel is the transmission downshifting. As my car has broken in, the jerking has almost disappeared.

Another note ... maybe your dealer checked your tire pressure but I am told the vehicles purposely ship with low tire pressure. You might want to check the cold air specs on your B-pillar and pump up your tires accordingly.

Hope that info is helpful.

Last edited by raydoug777; 03-15-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:44 PM
bhr
Almost a Member!

I took the car to the dealer regarding the check engine light. they checked it and told me that there was a problem during PDI and the adaptive driving was not loading properly to the cars computer.

So they kept the car to do the tests again and gave me a replacement car.

Its really said how mercedes benz has become where u get car problems from the first day u drive your car
Old 03-20-2005, 04:58 AM
bhr
Almost a Member!

Took the car its fine now the dealer says nothing is wrong with the car it was slight glitch.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bhr
I just got the CLS one day and guess what the engine light indicator is on. I dont know if it was there yesterday but i am really pissed

the car is new and tested

Another thing is the jerking in the breaks or transmission when the car is slowing down to hault.

Has anyone had these problems?
There are many errors that give a check engine light that dont even have anything to do with the engine. It could be a small sensor in the exhaust.