Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500
Why is this happening to me???

Hi guys
Today is really my unlucky day!!! I went to Alliance Glass in Boston. Its a window tints place for auto. I left my CLS there whole day because they need couple hours to tint the window. After I pick up the car, I drove it home and everything seems fine but when I turn on the Navigation. Guess what, the nav shows " Navigation device unavialable"" What the hell!!! What did they do to my car!!! I came home and check the Nav DVD in the trunk and there were nothing in it. I called the Alliance Glass right after and they said they dont know anything about it!! Why would someone do things like that?????
Why did they take the Nav DVD from the car????
I have to go to my dealer again to get the DVD!!!!
This is sooo WTF
Old 03-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS500
again, I am so F*****k mad!!!!!!!!!
anyone please tell me what to do. Should I just forget about it????
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 PM

'16 528i MSport
These guys do **** like this. When I had my RSX and had left it in the shop for modifications, I forgot I left $40 in the glove compartment and when I got my car and checked it, it was gone. THey denied responsibility so I took the MDX to get it detailed and did a test run of leaving $5 in the ashtray section and took a picture and dropped it off as I was taking mor epicutres with the guy in it and the 5 visible. When I got it back, it was gone and showed them proof. THeir jaws dropped and fired the mechanic. I mean come on, over 5 bucks.

Granted the Nav disc is more than 5 or 40 bucks but **** like that happens when you take a nice car like this to a place like that. Heathens..
Old 03-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS500
Thanks for the replay. I fell better now. Hopefully this kind of things wont happen again...
Old 03-16-2005, 01:10 PM

Tesla
I would complain and fight until they return your disc and give you an apology. Or threat them with lawsuit. Definitely complain to BBB so people will know to avoid these crooks.

I've never had any good encounters with glass tinting shops I've been to. That's why my latest car is still not tinted while I continue to search for a more reliable shop.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 PM

06 CLS500, 05 Range Rover, 00 Landcruiser
Bunch of crooks...Thats why I never leave any of my cars out of sight when it comes to tinting. I set up appointment (usually 2 hr time frame) and I always say I will be waiting right there inside and watch all windows being tinted one at a time. If they say I have to wait at the lounge while my car is being tinted at their back shop......forget it.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:27 AM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
Small Claims Court

I'm from California, but for minimal cost, you can sue the shop in Small Claims Court for your actual loss (whatever the disc costs to replace) plus your time, and effort . In California the limit is $5,000. No lawyers, you do it yourself. You pay the sheriff $30 or so to serve the papers.
Gives great satisfaction.