CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Discoloring Clear Protectant by Back Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discoloring Clear Protectant by Back Wheels

Hey everyone - I just put this in my latest post under "two months" but felt it deserved it's own thread. Saw a white CLS last night - guy had owned it two months - see my post below:

Here is a huge warning to everyone with a CLS (myself included soon I hope) - take heed - get rid of the clear **** by the rear wheel wells if you can - don't know how it holds up on other colors, but as I had suspected, it was yelowing heavilly on his white CLS after only 2 months. I'm sure I will have the same trouble with Silver. I honestly don't care if I need to repaint that area of the car once a year - that clear **** looks nasty when it discolors - gots to go. Let me know if anyone else has had this problem yet - especially on white I have to imagine it will show up the soonest. Reminds me of Lexus when they paint their cars white, the paint colors differently on the "plastic" areas and turns "yellowish". Has anyone tried peeling this crap off yet?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
depends what the material is. I have seen the 3M stuff yellow but my venture bra hasnt at all. Warranty will cover that though.