New Cls Brake Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:24 PM
bhr
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Cls Brake Problem

As i was going to work today noticed some new flaw in the car. When i hit the brake pedals there is a squeaking noise. the noise comes for about 2-3 seconds then goes. There is no way this is the brake pads since the car is still NEW.

What could it be?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:29 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by bhr
As i was going to work today noticed some new flaw in the car. When i hit the brake pedals there is a squeaking noise. the noise comes for about 2-3 seconds then goes. There is no way this is the brake pads since the car is still NEW.

What could it be?
If it is not rainning then not sure. Most of the W211 will squeak when the brake pad needs to be replaced, about 20K miles. I doubt anyone has 20K miles in their CLS today since CLS just launced not too long ago. Bring it to dealer!

Thanks,
hlkc
Old 04-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Almost a Member!

brabus clk500
its nothing major, all you need is an ABS muffler. I brought my car in for the same problem it vibrate the brake pedal.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:41 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by brabus_500
its nothing major, all you need is an ABS muffler. I brought my car in for the same problem it vibrate the brake pedal.
What is an ABS muffler?

Thanks,
hlkc
Old 04-26-2005, 12:15 AM
bhr
Almost a Member!

The Brake Pads are new the car has about 1000 miles on so it doesn't make sense.

the sounds is squealing alright but it only stays for a second or two when i brake.

I really dont understand the reason behind this
Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
hi, they've been some complaints about this in the E-class forum as well (not surprising since the two are almost identical mechanically). the squeeking is normal behaviour: the SBC system applies braking power much faster than normal brakes, so causing the squeek (correct me if i'm wrong please). it's just like when you suddenly jam on the brakes from high speed -- except this occurs even at low speed due to the speed the brakes are being applied.

the way to get rid of it is to drive quickly, then brake quite hard. this should roughen up the brake pad and eliminate the squeeking.

hope this helps!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by bhr
As i was going to work today noticed some new flaw in the car. When i hit the brake pedals there is a squeaking noise. the noise comes for about 2-3 seconds then goes. There is no way this is the brake pads since the car is still NEW. What could it be?
Any and all problems with the CLS should also be researched through the E-Class (W211) forum since, in fact, the CLS is “more or less” an e500 with a restyled interior/exterior. I am interested in switching from the e320 over to the CLS500 so I am following these threads closely for reported problems.

Having said this, you should check this thread. I personally had the same squealing but at 30000 + miles. MBUSA replaced all rotors & pads at no cost. This is not to say that it will not happen again but quite frankly brake squeal is a defect and NOT normal as some may believe. Unusual for such low mileage but you should not have any problems in having your pads and rotors (if needed) replaced without question. Sure they’ll try the old brake paste routine and this will help for a month or so however in the end know you’re entitled to free replacement of all brake hardware.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/99438-brake-problem.html
(check out posts #13, #30, and #34)

Last edited by konigstiger; 04-26-2005 at 07:38 PM.