CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Paint discoloration on silver CLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Paint discoloration on silver CLS

when i got my car, i noticed that the trunk of my car is a slightly different color than the rest of the car (iridium silver). anyone else have this problem? i know its kind of late since i've had the car about 2 months now, but it gets to me everytime i wash the car.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:04 PM

'03 E39 530I
it couldve been damaged in transit and they just didnt do a very good job of matching the paint. i dont think the dealer has to disclose, if its not a considerable amount of damage.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:48 AM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Sorry to hear that - that sucks! Try to bring it back and talk to the manager, hopefully he will do something for you...

hlkc
Old 05-15-2005, 02:33 AM

Airbus
I would think at two months old, a paint discoloration is a flaw and should still be covered by warranty. If it is really bothering you get a few expert opinions in writing from quality paint shops.You may have to fight tooth and nail(have been down this road before) Hold your ground.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
not surprising.. i think the majority of MB's shipped to HK have all been re-sprayed here or there before the customer takes delivery. I suggest just pointing it out to the dealer and requesting for a better job.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by Tezta
not surprising.. i think the majority of MB's shipped to HK have all been re-sprayed here or there before the customer takes delivery.
Actually...no, its not true. They come coated with a protective film and then the stealer polishes it off to the factory paintwork - they would never mess around with the factory paint, unless its necessary.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by Whitey
Actually...no, its not true. They come coated with a protective film and then the stealer polishes it off to the factory paintwork - they would never mess around with the factory paint, unless its necessary.
Yes they do come with a protective film, however damage is very common in transit to the dealers. The PDI facilities are equipped to repair (paint) the minor nicks or scratches that occur in shipping.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:09 PM

Safeer,

Mike Emery here. Give me a call when you get a chance and I can put you in touch with someone who can put a special meter up to the trunk to measure thickness of paint. If it is a repaint, the meter will tell you immediately. And yes, in Texas, dealers are required to disclose any damage prior to delivery if its over a certain amount. Hope this helps.

MBE II
Old 05-24-2005, 01:07 AM

CLS55
hey mike...just got back in town. i will give you a call sometime next week b/c i'm leaving for mexico on thursday. thanks.

safeer

Originally Posted by MBE II
Safeer,

Mike Emery here. Give me a call when you get a chance and I can put you in touch with someone who can put a special meter up to the trunk to measure thickness of paint. If it is a repaint, the meter will tell you immediately. And yes, in Texas, dealers are required to disclose any damage prior to delivery if its over a certain amount. Hope this helps.

MBE II