CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

My LOGIC7 is dying (CLS500)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL Designo Edition
My LOGIC7 is dying (CLS500)

The sub sounds like it's blown and speakers keep cutting out.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:34 PM

Mine are as well. I haven't taken it to MB yet. Let me know if there is a fix. Def. a problem though. Clicks, pops and cut outs.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:53 PM

2003 SL Designo Edition
Yep, same thing here. I hope to get it to the dealer next week. will let you know what they say.........Mark
Old 05-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sold 06 CLS500. SL550 09. SL550 2013. Own C6 Corvette heavily customized garage queen 2005.
Are you referring to the radio, as mine cuts out occassionally.......?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:46 PM

Radio doesn't do it too much, but then again I dont listen to too much radio. Mostly cuts out on my cd's that carry a lot of bass or a lot of mids and highs all at once.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:29 PM

2007 ML 320CDI
My front left speaker cut off last night and after I repeatedly turned COMAND on and off, and it didn't work, I eventually killed the engine and restarted the car. That did it, but the problem is hard to prove in front of the service people.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:20 PM

logic7

If it's any help, the logic7 system on my e500 did the same thing shortly after receiving it. Dealership replaced the head unit right away, and the problem hasn't come back since, though I did have the software upgrade installed. Sounds like the cls may be having similar problems as the e did after its introduction.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:12 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sold 06 CLS500. SL550 09. SL550 2013. Own C6 Corvette heavily customized garage queen 2005.
Went to the dealer(yet again) to have the software update done....they had the car in for 7 hours and I picked it up the next day. When I saw my paperwork, it said software update to be done in 2-3 weeks!!! I asked why this wasn't done and they told me that when they put it on their machine,it said contact MB and MB told them not to use the update they had sent them(it would make it worse) as a newer version was coming out later. Sounds like BS to me and they don't want to change the unit.
I was pretty pissed off as they never informed me about this until the next day, causing untold inconvenience, yet again. To have spent 80K on a car and have the audio cut out all the time is quite unbelievable. Question for you...they offered to install Sirius at a competitive rate. Is there any point in having this done before the update? In other words, being Satelite would it be un-affected by the Logic7 problems and if so, would it go through the same aerial and would you use some bargaining power to get them to install for as least as possible in order to make up for my problems..as two to three weeks could mean anything??
Old 06-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by branmin
Went to the dealer(yet again) to have the software update done....they had the car in for 7 hours and I picked it up the next day. When I saw my paperwork, it said software update to be done in 2-3 weeks!!! I asked why this wasn't done and they told me that when they put it on their machine,it said contact MB and MB told them not to use the update they had sent them(it would make it worse) as a newer version was coming out later. Sounds like BS to me and they don't want to change the unit.
I was pretty pissed off as they never informed me about this until the next day, causing untold inconvenience, yet again. To have spent 80K on a car and have the audio cut out all the time is quite unbelievable. Question for you...they offered to install Sirius at a competitive rate. Is there any point in having this done before the update? In other words, being Satelite would it be un-affected by the Logic7 problems and if so, would it go through the same aerial and would you use some bargaining power to get them to install for as least as possible in order to make up for my problems..as two to three weeks could mean anything??
The Sirius doesn't have anything to do with the audio/Logic7. It get's connected in series with the CD changer, phone unit or anything else connected to the radio. It uses an optic cable that is looped to all of the other sources then goes to the radio. The radio then sends the signal via optic cable to the amp. Beasicly, the radio sees another source in the optic cable going in. The sound is the same as the CD changer. I recommend adding the hardware before update the software if you really want Sirius.