Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLEEMANN in Malaysia

Interesting move.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/ne....php?id=142106
Old 07-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand it right.

Does that mean that if I live in India, I can buy a fully assembled Kleemann SL50K or whatever, which would be made in Malaysia?

Or is it just another shop which builds Kleemann cars?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
The article appears to state that KLEEMANN will assemble their aftermarket parts in Malaysia and sell whole cars in the asian region. i think the reason is because they might escape import tax on the whole car if it is shipped directly from Denmark fully modded.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
yup the cars will be brought to m'sia first. kleeman will mod it there and sell them around the asian region.

i believe this takes advantage of the ASEAN free trade pact which hugely reduces the import tax on cars from ASEAN countries. kleeman, being a manufacturer, can legally claim the cars are built in Malaysia and hence there'd be very low import taxes when exported to other ASEAN countries. that's what i think they're trying to do, anyway. if true would be quite an ingenious way of circumventing taxation.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:01 AM

S320 & 500SL
Originally Posted by ruykava
yup the cars will be brought to m'sia first. kleeman will mod it there and sell them around the asian region.

i believe this takes advantage of the ASEAN free trade pact which hugely reduces the import tax on cars from ASEAN countries. kleeman, being a manufacturer, can legally claim the cars are built in Malaysia and hence there'd be very low import taxes when exported to other ASEAN countries. that's what i think they're trying to do, anyway. if true would be quite an ingenious way of circumventing taxation.
Malaysia has CKD and CBU units....