CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2005 | 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works

Collected my CLS320 CDI from the Mercedes Factory last Friday 16th, 690 mile return trip to the UK taking in Belgium, France and Netherlands.

Factory visit was very interesting even for the wife who finds these things boring; thoroughly recommend this to any owner.

Unfortunately it rained when collecting the car, but it did not dampen our spirits or the experience.

In total covered some 1200 miles so far @39.2mpg average.

Some pictures:-

Liftman
Attached Thumbnails Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works-customer-collection.jpg   Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works-mb-dealer-2.jpg   Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works-mb-dealer-4.jpg   Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works-mb-dealer-4_1.jpg   Collected New Baby from Sindelfingen works-mb-dealer-3.jpg  

Last edited by liftman; 09-23-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-24-2005 | 03:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Originally Posted by liftman
Collected my CLS320 CDI from the Mercedes Factory last Friday 16th, 690 mile return trip to the UK taking in Belgium, France and Netherlands.

Factory visit was very interesting even for the wife who finds these things boring; thoroughly recommend this to any owner.

Unfortunately it rained when collecting the car, but it did not dampen our spirits or the experience.

Some pictures:-

Liftman
Very nice!!! I was in Stuttgart in July, I toured the MB museum as well as the Porsche museum, plant and test track at Weissach.

Congrats on the new CLS. We don't have the 320 or 350 here in the US, only the 500 and the 55.
Old 09-24-2005 | 05:47 PM

Airbus
Congrats Looks great.
Wow!
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:39 PM

2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
£££ ??

Beautiful car... how much did that cost you in pounds and pence?

I wish I had got the Piano Black in my CLK, but thought that the brushed steel offset it better.

I was talked out of buying all the other extra's by my salesman in Germany, which annoyed me once I'd got the car. So far, I've had the auto-dimming rear view mirror etc installed for free by my dealer as compensation for this, as well as a few other issues. I'm now going to get all the other bits and pieces that I actually wanted installed over time. Steve will make some cash out of me.