CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Active Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 03:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
Active Headlights

Can any forum member advice on the Bi-xenon Active Headlight system , I opted for this extra ,but have now been told that It wont work because of the AMG Body kit that was Factory Fitted ! Is there a way to re activate this , I also notice that the headlights dont actually follow the cars path ? Would this need adjustment ?

Krgds
Alex

CLS,[05] Iridium Silver,Auto Dual Control,Amg bodystyling with twin Amg Exhaust,Amg 19" Alloys,Nappa Club Design,High Gloss Laurel Wood,Driver& passenger full electric pack + mirrors + steering column, Heatedfront seats,Heated rear seats,Keyless Go,Luxury Climate Control,Parktronic,Remote boot closing, Paddle Steering Wheel Shift Button's, Bi-Xenon Lamps with Active Light System + cornering + headlamp wash,6 Disc Cd Changer,Command APS with Cd/Dvd + Sat Nav system,Harmon/Kardon Logic 7 surround sound,Telephone prewire, Type of phone TBA, Rear Amg Lip Spoiler ,Updated Management system ECU + 45Bhp + 95NM
Old 09-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
By chance, are you referring to the "cornering lights" which come on whenever your turn your wheel (or switch on the directional blinker)? These are the same as your fog lamps - which are controlled as mentioned above when you have the head lights are turned-on (and the fog lamps turned-off).

The Bi-Xenon headlamps are 'active' in that they actually turn in the direction of travel. These are the same lights as on the AMG. I suspect the AMG bodykit effect you mention refers to the cornering (fog) lights - not the Xenon headlamps. ..Rob
Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by rmeltz1
By chance, are you referring to the "cornering lights" which come on whenever your turn your wheel (or switch on the directional blinker)? These are the same as your fog lamps - which are controlled as mentioned above when you have the head lights are turned-on (and the fog lamps turned-off).

The Bi-Xenon headlamps are 'active' in that they actually turn in the direction of travel. These are the same lights as on the AMG. I suspect the AMG bodykit effect you mention refers to the cornering (fog) lights - not the Xenon headlamps. ..Rob
Switching them on is trivial at a dealer or with someone who has a Star Daignose.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
Active lights

Sorry for the confusion , you are correct with youre theory , but for some reason I dont actually notice the lights follow the car turn movements ,unlike the bmw when you turn the steering [Its clearly follows the turning wheel direction] I will make a call to the local MB dealer & ask if he can get the active light package working. This I presume must have all the connection etc there as it was only when I asked for the AMG kit that I was told this would not work ,but can be played with later.

Thanks for the Info
Eck