CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Just picked up my new CLS500...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' CLS500. 07' Cayman S, Track Audi A4 (500+ HP), 07' Ducati 1098, M6 (on order)
Just picked up my new CLS500...

First off let me introduce myself. My name's Eric I've been a long time forum member but somehow have lost my old account. I had a CLK a couple years back, and now I'm back on board with Mercedes. I picked up the car from Laguna Niguel with Keyless Go, Parktronics, Lighting and Premium. The numbers weren't that great...I got it down 1600 below msrp..but the money factor used to calculate my payments sucked. (.0033 are you kidding me with tier 1 credit?!) I hate mercedes credit....but with my situation US bank and Chase wouldn't buy me. Bastids!

I plan on lowering the car...have most of your used modules, star or sensors? Or a combination of them? I'm still trying to debat which method is going to be best. From what I've heard modules are more aggressive and they also compensate for bounce in the suspension and raise it up a bit? How's the ride after lowering it? Any difference in understeer? I'm still contemplating if I should get a kit or not. I told myself I wouldn't mess with this car too much, but I have a terrible itch to mod! I love the brabus front, most of the aftermarket side looks good except lorinser, and i love the carlsson rear. When it comes down to it I think the overall package goes to AMG. Just don't really want to be another AMG looking poseur in a 500.

I'd like to mix and match, but something in the back of my head won't let me do it hehe.

I'll see you guys online!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:13 AM

Airbus
Congratulations! Welcome aboard. Now lets see some pics!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:59 AM

06' CLS500. 07' Cayman S, Track Audi A4 (500+ HP), 07' Ducati 1098, M6 (on order)
Originally Posted by MDCLS
Congratulations! Welcome aboard. Now lets see some pics!
I'm sure you've seen a stock white CLS lol. But I'll take some pics right after the lowering. My friend Chris (Brav) on this board was telling me that their is a gentlemen that resides in Europe is coming out to California that books appointments to do lowering. http://mbenz.nl/ is his site. Hopefully it will be aggressive enough..if not then I'll probably go the route of the module.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:39 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by Eric H.
I'm sure you've seen a stock white CLS lol. But I'll take some pics right after the lowering. My friend Chris (Brav) on this board was telling me that their is a gentlemen that resides in Europe is coming out to California that books appointments to do lowering. http://mbenz.nl/ is his site. Hopefully it will be aggressive enough..if not then I'll probably go the route of the module.
Eric,

Welcome! Yes, Steve is the best. They did very good job in our cars. I think you might miss his deadline for his up coming trip. But do send him an email, Steve@MBenzNL.com, maybe he can squeeze you in.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/119907-mbenznl-october-trip-o-again-some-specials.html
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by hlkc
Eric,

Welcome! Yes, Steve is the best. They did very good job in our cars. I think you might miss his deadline for his up coming trip. But do send him an email, Steve@MBenzNL.com, maybe he can squeeze you in.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119907

Sent him an email.