CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Some questions of my CLS500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some questions of my CLS500

Hi everyone,

I just got my CLS500 one month ago. I also have the problem with jerk.
There are also two more questions about CLS500.

1. When I fuel the whole tank of the car, will the fuel gauge show only the toppest bar or also the toppest small half circle? Mine only show the toppest bar without the half circle, however, the small half circle looks like it could turn black when I totally fuel my tank.

2. When I use the D+/- to gear up and I slow down to make the gear automatically downshift, will the number shown in the multi-information gauge go down, too? My previous BMW 530 showed the change of gear when I slowed it down, but my CLS stick the same number (ex.4) even I can feel it goes back to 2nd or 1st gear. Therefore, when I accelerate it again, I couldn't know my current gear and I shift the gear to D+ it even goes up from 4 to 5 even when I know my gear may be only 3 or something.

Sorry for the poor English. Would anyone answer my questions? Thanks a lot!

Pin-Yu
Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX35 plus
(1) the indicators is full up to the top bar.
(2) Seldom to use manual shift, will check that out.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
in answer to (2) no, the number will not go down.

that number is the HIGHEST gear it will POSSIBLY shift to. so if the car is actually at a lower gear, it will not show. however, if it shows "4" for example, it will never upshift to 5th gear.

as for the jerk, just drive it a bit longer and after the breaking-in period it should be fine. some have also mentioned a remedy regarding clearing the car's memory - (1) turn on the car electrics (WITHOUT starting engine); (2) press the accelerator all the way down to the floor for 5 seconds - keep foot on accelerator; (3) turn off the car, then release your foot from accelerator; (4) wait for 2 minutes.
when you restart the car should have cleared all the data regarding your driving style so you'll start from a fresh sheet - which may improve the shifting.