CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Help planning purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help planning purchase

I am planning to order new or buy a used CLS500 Silver, but I hope some of you can help me with a few questions before I do. I am in USA(Georgia)

1. Is the jerking transmission problem resolved in most new orders(It is now 12/28/2005)? Is there a build date after which it should not be a problem?

2. Do the recall fixes correct the transmission problem adequately for the older build dates if I buy a used CLS500?

3. The dealer says the SBC brake-by-wire is discontinued? After what build date will my car come without this system? Are new orders going to come without it as of Dec. 2005?

4. If I buy the CLS500 with AMG option in USA what can I expect a dealer to charge me extra to upgrade to the CLS55 type AMG wheels?

5. On newer models without SBC braking, do they still have the brake drying function on rain & PreSAFE positioning of pads in emergency?

6. When would details on the 2007 model typically be released so I will know if I want to wait for a 2007? Are there any changes you suspect that be worth the approximate 11 month wait?

Sorry I have so many questions. I appreciate your help.

Mick :p
Old 12-28-2005, 05:58 PM
M.J

E-240 2000 , E-240 2001 , CLS350 2006
o totally can't help .:p you coz my car didn't arrive yet, should be here Next Feb.
i sure hope that they won't phk with the car in 2007 since THAT I JUST BOUGHT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 AM

Anybody out there have any answers

Thanks

Mick
Old 12-29-2005, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Hope this helps

2 Some folks on the forum have said that the transmission problems resolve after the car learns your habits. Another post said there was a missing part.

3 My car just delivered still has the brake by wire system. Not sure when the change will occur. Sorry not much help on this one.

4 You WILL have to pay extra for the 55 style wheels whether you order the AMG package or not.

5 I have no clue... Sorry

6 There likely will Be a CLS 550 with he new V8 and more power. I don't think anyone knows when this will come out. MB likes to keep us guessing so they won't have an abundance of a discontinued model. I think the new engine may be worth the wait if not too long.

Other members who may know more please chime in!