AMG to BRABUS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006 | 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55, 335i, A6, Prius
AMG to BRABUS?

Hello all,

I just took delivery of a Black Opal CLS500. I really like the car, and having owned several other AMG models, I must say that the air ride is sort of a let down. Guess I'll have to go to the customized route to get better handling. But what I'm really writing about is to ask if anyone knows with any certainty if the Brabus Monoblock 19s (originally purchased for my S55) will fit on this car. I don't know much about offsets and such.

Also, can anyone who has lowered their car comment on whether or not this affect the car's handling? I mean, I want a firmer more sporty ride, when needed, and right now it still feels like a boat.

Thanks all in advance!
Old 03-30-2006 | 03:13 PM

magLipVE
not sure about wheel fitment, you might want to contact brabus. regarding your suspension; have you test out the sport 1 and 2 button? you may want to ask the dealer to lower the car a bit, i believe the lower it goes the stiffer it gets.
Old 03-30-2006 | 06:44 PM

CLS55, 335i, A6, Prius
Whoa, that's new to me. I didn't know one can ask the dealer to lower the car. I thought that you only had the option with third party, aftermarket tuners. I'll call the dealer to check it out. Oh, and yes, I am very familiar with the sport 1 and 2 settings, but like I said, it's still very soft.

Thanks for the input spinsonic...got me thinking.
Old 04-10-2006 | 07:43 AM

CL65 AMG 2008 / G63 AMG 2013
I to me also the sport2 is still soft. I asked the dealer to lower it and he said it wasn't possible. Also I wanted to add the Brabus lowering system and he said it would recalculate the suspension reaction but not lower the car.
Old 04-10-2006 | 12:49 PM

CLS55, 335i, A6, Prius
Well, the CLS spent another day at the shop and upon picking it up, I asked my service manager if the car could be lowered any more. He said that it could be, but that as a dealership, they would not do it. But he said it definitely could be done through the software settings or something like that. Hmm...good to know. At any rate, I will be getting the Carlsson lowering module installed. I just wonder if the car will handle better. I am all for good looks but ultimately it is the functionality of the the upgrades or changes that matter. I would really like the car to handle more like the CLS55 - flatter through corners for more confident driving.

Anywho, if anyone has any info on the suspension settings of the CLS55, pray tell.

Thanks all for looking.
Old 04-10-2006 | 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG, 2006 Range Rover Sport with Kahn Design Package
Check your pm!