CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Help installing navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help installing navigation

Hi, does anyone know how to install navigation into the CLS? I purchased it from MBDoctor.com and the guy has been no help what so ever. He promised plug and play, full instructions, phone support, etc. blah, blah, blah.....long story short, guy sends a crappy photo copy of a MB tech manual that you can't read and told me to "figure it out on my own." I have figured most of it out on my own, just need some help with the splitter, and the orange fiber optic cable My bracket is already installed, the power cable is there, etc.. If anyone has any good pictures they could post or better yet, if anyone is nice enough to give me a few minitue walk through on the phone, I would grately appreciate it. Please PM me your number and I'll give you a call. Thanks again for the help guys!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check this out, it’s for the 211 nonetheless it should help: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/100143-oem-navigation-retrofit-w-pics.html
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Almost a Member!

You're the man! Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed! For the record, that guy praises MBDoctor.com.....sounds like he had a night and day different experience with him. Mine was awful. I ordered both the navigation and Euro DVD command from him. The screen on the command was scratched and the instructions that come with are straight out of a MB tech manual that reference other chapters you don't have. Impossible to figure out from a novice if you don't have guidance. When I was purchasing, he promised everything was "Plug and Play"........I wouldn't call what I've been through "Plug and Play." He also promised he'd assist in phone support if needed, etc.. 99% of the time, he didn't take or return my phone calls. When I'd finally get a hold of him, he acted annoyed and short and finally said figure it out on your own, others do. Piece of SH*t in my book. My two cents about the guy.....if you want OEM parts from him.....fine (just warn him about the condition they're going to come in), but as far as support......you're better off on this board. Thanks again guys, everything finally looks and works great!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:09 AM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
Konigtiger..you should accept Pay Pal donations for your advice Where would we be on this forum without you? Thanks for your time and dedication.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:22 PM

I'm in New york area And had MB doctor swap my Nav for DVD Euro Comand he didi It Right in Front of me (Soloman) AKA sam his command Screen was scratch so he use my screen which was brand new and put his screen on my USA Command. I had for about six month no Problem (Knock on wood) paid him $900 cash and he keep my command it would have been $1350 if I wanted to keep it but for what like he said. Nav-Tv wanted $2250. and I would have remove my old and install my new one. My piont is he seem like nice guy to me hung out at his home for about an 1hr 30min (took more time cause he had to swicth screen I didn't Like his seemed like someone wipe with a newspaper and glass cleaner. Great product and Good Guy I have to admit.