CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Help re: Exchange Privilege & Records access preowned 06 CLS500C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006 | 12:58 AM

2006 CLS500C AMG Sport Package
Help re: Exchange Privilege & Records access preowned 06 CLS500C

On Sunday the 13th we purchased a 2006 CLS500C, it has 16k miles. The vehicle was originally placed into service in Feb 2005 and sold by and returned to the same dealer we purchased the vehicle from.

Unfortunately, we are already having transmission problems, it's in for service now and the dealer assures us that they are working on it and replacing a vault or transmission pan or some dang thing...

Anyway, our question is... now that we own the vehicle, are we entitled to ALL the records of service from Feb 2005 or are, in fact, those sealed and we can only access records from the dealer from the time we purchased the vehicle?

Lastly, the big reason for this is, we have until this Sunday the 20th of August to take advatange of the "Exchange Privilege" program and are a bit leary about this vehicle now that we are having these transmission problems. We would really like to know the REAL reason it was turned in in the first place. This could perhaps persuade us to look for another vehicle, (although we are afraid the same "GREAT" deal will not be offered on our "Exhange Privilege" choice - you can bet!

Thanks in advance for any insite you can give.

Radmo
Old 08-18-2006 | 10:00 AM

CLS55
make them give you a printout of all service records since the car was new. it shouldn't be a problem. demand it in writing prior to this sunday. just go down there.... its really not a big deal
Old 08-18-2006 | 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
I agree. BTW, where are you located?
Old 08-18-2006 | 12:39 PM

Im in Los Angeles. I am going to pick up the car today and also ask for the full TLA print out (or whatever its called) and see if they will give me the cars history at their dealership since that is where the PO purchased the car from.

Also, we still have til Sunday to opt in on the Exchange Privilege so we want to drive the car as much as we can to see if it's ok fixied before we make the decision...

Rad

p.s. - Did I mention I had spent $225 and 3 hours on monday getting the windows tinted.. I guess thats nothing compared to years of headache if I have a lemon...

Last edited by radmo; 08-18-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2006 | 03:01 PM

I just got off the phone with the dealer, the service rep reviewed the VMI with me over the phone, no prior history of this problem, the techs are replacing the VALVE BODY now and reprogramming the car...

Hopefully it will be ready in time for me to drive it away today before they close.

Rad
Old 08-18-2006 | 03:09 PM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Ask to see the printed VMI. Or better yet, go to another dealer and ask for a VMI.
Old 08-18-2006 | 04:43 PM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
The Valve Body replacement and latest programming did the trick for me about 5,000 miles ago.
Old 08-18-2006 | 04:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by radmo
I just got off the phone with the dealer, the service rep reviewed the VMI with me over the phone, no prior history of this problem, the techs are replacing the VALVE BODY now and reprogramming the car...
More than likely this repair will solve your problem as ppilot has mentioned. Nevertheless, request a written copy of the vericle's complete history when you pick it up. If the SA refuses, request to speak with the service manager and/or director. The car was purchased used, certified or not, and this documentation can only help in the future.
Old 08-19-2006 | 12:20 PM

Just back from the dealership, they turned the car over to me and it feels brand new. The transmission problem is fixed (for now) with brand new valve body - it doesnt seem as fast and jumpy off the gun as it was on sunday when I got it, so I do believe it was broken when I bought it and just got worse over the 3 days I had it. We will drive it this weekend and analize it to see if there will be any further problems. If its a LEMON we can turn it into a CHERRY on Sunday with the EXCHANGE PRIVILEGE however if we wait til Midnight it will be a PUMPKIN...

HOOORAY for Cinderalla