CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

I NEED to buy the AMG body kit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500
I NEED to buy the AMG body kit!

HELP! My 2006 Black CLS500 has requested the AMG body kit (I know..I know...why didn't I just get it in the first place?). Anyway, after a ton of unsuccessful searching, I figured I would ask the experts. Any ideas on where I can find one?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Buy a Wald, Lorinser, Brabus, etc. kit if you didnt get the AMG package on the car. All that money to look basically stock, when you can get a kit that many people with the AMG package buy even after paying for the AMG kit? Like my SL for instance, I opted for the AMG kit, but if I didnt I would go with a different bodykit (probably Wald) instead of forking over $$$ for the common AMG kit everyone has. The AMG kit on the CLS is great, but go custom if buying after the initial sale.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:01 AM

2006 CLS500
Thanks CY. I'm a big fan of the "clean" look...I'm guessing the Lorinser kit is probably going to be the best for that.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:07 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
There are quite a few tasteful options for the CLS. There also quite a few vendors on here that can provide pics and info. I'm sure this thread will inspire some other CLS owners to chime in.

Also the AMG kit with non-AMG rims would drive me nuts. My good friend bought the CLS w/ AMG package about 6 months ago and fitted one piece 20 inch rims that didnt set him back too much.. I tried to get him to go German but he didnt want to pay the $$$....

He now wishes he didnt pay the $$$ for the AMG kit and AMG rims and just bought a lorinser kit and the rims he has on there now.

Last edited by CY; 08-20-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:23 PM

2006 CLS500
The more I think about it, the more I like your idea. I love the Lorinser kit, and I plan on buying rims along with it. Could you recommend a vendor?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM

Hey ultim8_salesman,
How about Brabus aerodynamics? Why woudl you spend money on something that will pretty much look just like many of the vehicles that are coming from the dealership? Brabus products are a high quality product just like OEM. And IMHO look better than Lorinser and some of the other brands. For the CLS that have the Rocket bumper and hood that look outrageous! Something about those double fog lamps just make it look stunning! Check out these pictures I pulled from the CEC site: www.cecwheels.com

Or the Add-On front spoiler:

The side skirts and rear bumper have white LED lights to illuminate the area around the vehicle

And the rocket hood and bumper again