CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Help! Need pics of US-spec CLSs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Need pics of US-spec CLSs

Hello all,

Here's a strange one for you. I'm looking for pictures of the CLS-Class that I can use on my website, www.carsinamerica.net, wherein I attempt to catalog all vehicles, domestic and import, sold in the US since...well, I haven't decided how far back to go yet. Most of what I have published so far dates from the 2000s.

Since Mercedes doesn't place much stock in press photos, and doesn't bother showing US-spec models in most of them, I thought that I would try here. After all, there's got to be some CLS owner who's proud of his vehicle and wants to show it off, right? I use a lot of photos from enthusiasts on the site -- it's a big undertaking (albeit just a hobby), so I need all the help I can get.

I'm looking for 2 pics (front and rear) for each of the following models:
MY2006 CLS55 AMG
MY2007 CLS550 (not Sport)
MY2007 CLS63 AMG

Important rules (I screen all pics this way to try to keep a uniform, pseudo-professional look):

A couple examples of ideal pictures are:

And the moving shot:

I will happily cite you by name or handle in the caption, if you wish, and if you have a website/blog/myspace of your own, I can include a link to that at your discretion. Or, if you wish to remain anonymous, that's perfectly fine, too. You can PM me or email them directly to jdklingerDEATHTOSPAM@yahoo.com (minus the deathtospam bit). Unfortunately, the site email isn't really working properly at the moment, so I have to use my yahoo.

I always tips or corrections or user submissions, so if you want to peruse the content that's up so far, please do and let me know if something needs improvement. I've just about finished the page for '07 S-Class, just need a better picture of the S65 AMG rear and answers to a couple questions about options on the S600 and whether the US S-Class has ashtrays or storage bins in the rear doors
            ( page can be found here, http://www.carsinamerica.net/mercedes-benz/07mbzsss.htm ). Thanks again for the help!

Last edited by carsinamerica; 10-12-2006 at 01:50 AM. Reason: typo
            Old 10-15-2006, 01:19 PM

CLS55
            why don't you just use the official mb pics or the ones on wikipedia?
            Old 10-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dogshine
            why don't you just use the official mb pics or the ones on wikipedia?
            Because, as I said, I'm trying to maintain a somewhat professional look, like KBB.com or Edmunds.com or ConsumerGuide.com, and the pics on Wikipedia do not qualify (not to mention that they often don't show US-spec models). As far as M-B official pics, aside from being doctored, they usually are of a size and configuration that doesn't match the rest of my website, making them a nuisance to try to crop into something usable. Again, many M-B official shots show Euro-spec models. I like the work that Edmunds does, and I strive for a similar effect, but even more precise.
            Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM

Incidentally, I should not that the first two sample pictures were taken by Scott Jacobs of Edmunds.com, and all rights are reserved to Edmunds.com; I have an agreement with Edmunds to use some of their pictures on my website, as it is for non-commercial purposes, but they cannot be republished by others without permission. I only included them in this post to illustrate what an ideal example of my desired images would be.
            Old 10-16-2006, 12:21 AM

CLS55
            ahh. well, i would imagine that cropping is something you will deal with whether it is a mercedes pic or one from someone else. can't wait to see your site.