CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Turning off Tire Pressure Sensor on 07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLS 550
Turning off Tire Pressure Sensor on 07

I have an 07 CLS 550 and just got some 20" wheels with Conti 3's on them. The shop said that it would be a risk to install the tire pressure sensor on those tires because it could cause damage to the tires in the long run. Therefore we just ignored putting them on, but now we're having problems on turning off the tire pressure sensor because we were told by the dealer that the 07 is different from the 06 in that the 07 has the code "dialed in". Was hoping if any of you had any ideas on how to turn the tire pressure sensor off on the 07's...
Old 12-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
...if you are talking about the active TPMS system: that can EASILY be switched off with stardiagnose (which every MB dealer has)...regardless wether it is an 06, 07, 03 or whatever else

greetingz,
Old 12-21-2006, 02:31 PM

07 CLS 550
See the thing is, that we took the tire pressures sensors off the car completely and they're not on the new 20's I got; therefore in my gauge the tire pressure light comes on and in my display it reads: "No tire sensors..." therefore I was wondering if there was a way I could disable that sensor so that light and message can turn off. I spoke to a buddy and he said that in the 07's its not as easy as in earlier models because the 07s have it dialed into the diagnostics, was hoping for some help...
Old 12-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by miawand
I spoke to a buddy and he said that in the 07's its not as easy as in earlier models because the 07s have it dialed into the diagnostics, was hoping for some help...
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
that can EASILY be switched off with stardiagnose (which every MB dealer has)...regardless wether it is an 06, 07, 03 or whatever else
in short: that buddy is full of *****...it is as easy to switch off in a 2007 as it is in any pre 2007...it requires stardiagnose and ONE person that knows how to operate that stardiagnose

greetingz,
Old 12-23-2006, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
I have an 07 CLS 550 and just got some 20" wheels with Conti 3's on them. The shop said that it would be a risk to install the tire pressure sensor on those tires because it could cause damage to the tires in the long run. Therefore we just ignored putting them on, but now we're having problems on turning off the tire pressure sensor because we were told by the dealer that the 07 is different from the 06 in that the 07 has the code "dialed in". Was hoping if any of you had any ideas on how to turn the tire pressure sensor off on the 07's...
May I ask what shop did you go to?

Steve is right, you can have any MB dealership to disable the TPMS. Whoever told you this is just

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 12-23-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
You'll have to disable it in the Cluster and probably the CGW or EIS. This will remove the error you have.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by sunman
You'll have to disable it in the Cluster and probably the CGW or EIS. This will remove the error you have.
just removing it in the IC already gets rid of that error...rest doesn't need to be recoded (as that will cause errors in the "system diagnose").

greetingz,
Old 01-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Almost a Member!

sell your wheels and get Aicona's! with my 20's, the wheels were designed to allow the use of the factory tpms system. I think they're the only ones that offer that for luxury wheels. So I don't have that issue of the annoying tire pressure message...
Old 01-03-2007, 01:04 PM

07 CLS 550
I went to a Mercedes dealer in Modesto, but if you have any recommendations let me know...? They also tried to lower the car there through the star diagnostics, but they said on the 07 its factory set so if you lower it, it will lower but when you turn the car off and then turn it on again the system resets to default settings and goes back to the original ride height? Any suggestions there as well?

Thanks for the help