CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

MB Phone completer kit/ voice module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 10:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
MB Phone completer kit/ voice module

Hell all. I am new to the forum, having posted once before. There is a gentleman who won 100 SL phone completer kits at an auction and is selling them on ebay for $149. He lives near my home in chlt nc. I picked up a kit yesterday. This kit works on the CLS with very little modification (and simple). The CLS kit retails of over $750. I believe this kit will work on the W211 or W171 as well as the wiring schematics for all three commands are the same, but cannot know for sure.

I downloaded the phone installation instructions off startekinfo.com. I have now got several of the components working as a voice interface module as the kit comes with the most cable, temic voice module, and lever for the voice control. It also has all necessary parts to install the phone once the MHI kit is purchased.

The fiber optic MOST cable needs to be modified which is easily done by removing a connector. I now can control my command via voice commands and ancticipate getting the MHI kit next week.

The cost of the bluetooth goes down to under $1000 if you can pickup one of the kits.

Please send me a message and I can give you the guys contact info and my modified instructions to install the voice kit.

Cheers!

Last edited by lenk; 12-24-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
seems and aweful lot like you ARE the gentleman.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Or....you can take me at my word, and accept the fact that I am merely trying to be kind to others by allowing those to benefit off my hard labor. I you do a search you will see my only other post explained I was a newbie and I was looking to modify my stereo.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Originally Posted by lenk
Or....you can take me at my word, and accept the fact that I am merely trying to be kind to others by allowing those to benefit off my hard labor. I you do a search you will see my only other post explained I was a newbie and I was looking to modify my stereo.
That's cool man, I'm just razzing you, it's my way. Although to be honest having very few posts makes it even more suspicious not less.