CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

IPOD Aux Cords

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPOD Aux Cords

Anyone here know of a pretty decent cord to use with your IPOD and the glove compartment AUX? Thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:59 AM

Funny you asked. I actually bought one in Best Buy this evening. What you need is a "male to male stereo mini cable". The brand I got was Recoton. The description on the package says "6ft. Stereo Mini Cable - Connects mini jack-equipped stereo components and devices". It sold for $4.99.

I tried it out, and it worked like it was supposed to. The sound was pretty good, but not as compared to an MP3 CD or audio CD (most noticable when you turn the volume close to max). Since you are connecting to the headphones jack (and not the bottom connection), I think that the quality of the sound is compromised. It definitely doesn't compare to a docked iPod on a Bose system. Don't get me wrong though, it still sounded pretty good.

The obvious incovenience is the fact that I can't control the iPod on COMMAND or steering wheel buttons. Also, if you plan to use your iPod a lot while driving, you'll need to remember to charge it every night. Those two reasons alone will eventually get me to purchase the kit soon. However, it definitely makes a nice "band-aid" fix.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 AM

Thanks! I actually ended up buying a 1.8m Shielded Audio Dubbing Cord from Radio shack for around $10. It works really well due to the gold plated connectors. As you stated its a good band aid for anyone who wants IPOD capability without install prices.