Bent Rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 w/ AMG
Bent Rim

I bent my aftermarket rim over the weekend somehow, must have hit one of those invisible pot holes...damn low profiles. i took it in to the dealership and they did a nice job fixing it for $175. However, now i'm noticing that some of the chrome is "peeling" off on another rim. I don't claim to be a wheel expert, but don't think this is normal. Has anyone experienced this before, and if so can it be fixed and for how much? I'm guess I'm going to have to get the entire wheel re-chromed.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' CLS500. 07' Cayman S, Track Audi A4 (500+ HP), 07' Ducati 1098, M6 (on order)
Originally Posted by DoctorC4
I bent my aftermarket rim over the weekend somehow, must have hit one of those invisible pot holes...damn low profiles. i took it in to the dealership and they did a nice job fixing it for $175. However, now i'm noticing that some of the chrome is "peeling" off on another rim. I don't claim to be a wheel expert, but don't think this is normal. Has anyone experienced this before, and if so can it be fixed and for how much? I'm guess I'm going to have to get the entire wheel re-chromed.
Most wheel manufacturers carry a warranty on chrome against peeling. But perhaps you bent this wheel as well and caused the chrome to crack. Chroming isn't cheap...try to get the wheel company to cover it.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL63
sorry to hear about the rim Doc.. chroming isnt cheap.. I bent one of my lorinser rims that i had on my S500 and they sent them off to cali to be fixed and redipped.. $1400.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
He said that the chrome is peeling off another rim, not the rim that was bent. To answer your question you need to have it re-chromed, but like other said it should have a warranty, contract the shop you bought the wheels from. If they give you the run around just do some research, there are 2 shops in my town that chrome, chances are there is one near by that can re-chrome it, usually cost $150-$200 per wheel
Old 05-29-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL63
kev is right.. when one of my Lorinser D93's was bent off of my S the local shop shipped them all the way to Cali for a good repair and rechroming of all 4... I would check around D-town at some of the high end wheel shops to see if they can do it there first.