CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Service C after 1 year of onwership.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 E350 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
Service C after 1 year of onwership.....

After 1 year of ownership, can't believe it's been a year since I bought this thing. My car was giving out a reminder that it needed a service C. I called the dealer and found out that this service procedure cost $198. Well I guess it's not bad considering that this is my first oil change. So I called my friend that works at one of the local MB dealer. He told me to bring it in after 5pm and all I have to pay for are the filters. Oils Filter and AC filter for the CLS is not cheap even with his discount. Anyway, he brought me to the garage to see how the hell they do all the diagnostics. It was pretty cool how they test the suspension it almost look like my car was dancing.

One problem that he saw was my car sprung an oil leak. I cannot stand oil leaks my 99 Accord has 150k miles and it doesn't have any leaks. Anyway he told me to leave the car and he will check it out. I told him just to clean up the leak and I'll bring it back some other time. He told me to drive it for about 1k miles and then bring it back he will check and see if the leak is still there. My car has a 8100 miles when I brought it in for the C service.

So anyone here sprung any leaks after one year of ownership? I hope this is nothing serious hopefully it some minor thing like a defective seal. Anyways, I thought I'd share this with you people hopefully your cars are all ok.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Kleemann CLK 230K, 2006 CLS 350, GTR R35
like you said, most probaly a defective seal. i had a leak at the gearbox and was fixed after replacing the seal.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLS550, 2001 C240
leak

It should not be serious. It happend to me C class and all they needed to do is to out a new silicon seal. They don't use anymore gaskets, it's all silicon and could be from the factory.. not well applied. But again, I don't think you need to worry. Plus is under warranty, you wish this happens now not later
Old 07-23-2007, 01:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
‘17 Carrera GTS, ‘16 E63 Estate, 1965 Shelby Cobra and a few more
no oil leaks but I did have an intake manifold gasket fail at 9k.