CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Facelift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Facelift

Anyone have pics of the new CLS facelift that's supposed to come out in 2008?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:51 PM

there is no facelift, the 2008 is already on mbusa.com and it looks exactly the same
Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Yep, and these cars go for approx 6 to 7 years before major changes.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
The 2009 model will probably be facelifted....possibly just a new huge benz emblem to fit in line with the other models, a new grill, rear lights and bumpers. (according to many sources and spy shots). In my opinion it will just be a minor facelift but thinking this car wont change for 7 years is a joke.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol, you think it's a joke, well it's not. if you look at every model that mercedes offers, they do not make any major changes to the body style after 6 to 7 years.

very minor changes, yes, but major, no.

you are giving an opinion, but I'm giving you facts.

Look at the SL (R230) that you drive, it replaced the (R129) in 2001, and that style has been going strong for 6 yrs + now. Is that a joke ?

the new S class is here, and i remember seeing the old one for the first time in 1999. Since then, they made clear headlights which looked allot better, and a few more minor changes, but the body stayed the same. So lets see, that car made it to 7 years . The w163 (ML) made a six year run, with no major body change.

we are not driving Honda's

If you read my post you will see that I said MAJOR, but i do expect them to make small changes.

Last edited by khelawanb; 08-27-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
cjb

MB seems to have approx 7-8 years with each model. This will mean a mid life face lift is due around end 08. There is one 'spy shot' site with the pictures but you can't make out much as they have black tape over front and rear. The grill just goes to having 2 horizontal bars, like the AMG having 3. It looks like they are putting square/retangular tail pipe tips on. They say the rear lights are a bit different but can not see difference. I also think they are adding lower half 'smoking' or blurring to the headlight clear outer covers, sort of like the top half on the latest e series headlights.
I am sorry I cannot remember the sites but I think MBUSA has it, go to 'new products' then cls
I would expect a all new CLS in approx 2011-12?
The way they are going though I think this CLS is going to be the most beautiful car ever. The new CL just doesn't have the looks. For a car that should be a mean looking SOB it looks 'lite'. The spyshots of the next E look terrible. Which all makes me worry about the next CLS. Maybe MB have just fluked this CLS??
Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by khelawanb
lol, you think it's a joke, well it's not. if you look at every model that mercedes offers, they do not make any major changes to the body style after 6 to 7 years.

very minor changes, yes, but major, no.

you are giving an opinion, but I'm giving you facts.

Look at the SL (R230) that you drive, it replaced the (R129) in 2001, and that style has been going strong for 6 yrs + now. Is that a joke ?

the new S class is here, and i remember seeing the old one for the first time in 1999. Since then, they made clear headlights which looked allot better, and a few more minor changes, but the body stayed the same. So lets see, that car made it to 7 years . The w163 (ML) made a six year run, with no major body change.

we are not driving Honda's

If you read my post you will see that I said MAJOR, but i do expect them to make small changes.

I think the large amount of money you put into your over customized "showcar" has got your emotions a bit unstable regarding next years CLS facelift.

The SL had a facelift (all new bumpers and rear lights) in 2006 for the 2007 model... Dude read my post: I specifically say this car will get a change before the 7/8 year mark which it will. It will not be unnoticeable either: The new C-class Sport's grill is much more dominant then the CLS's when you compare them in person...making the CLS's front end look a little weak in comparison...this will be fixed next year.

The grill will house a HUGE logo maybe causing them to change the hood and fenders but probably not...the tail lights, front/rear bumper will probably bolt right on the 2006+ cars. Im sure you can upgrade your "showcar" to the current model without a problem, but dont tell me "facts" when you are just guessing as am I. And no I dont over-customize my $100k+ cars like they were Hondas...thanks. J/K your CLS is sick.

Last edited by CY; 08-27-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have not spent more than my car is worth, like the people with the Honda showcars, but i still respect them. I had a guy with a Subaru give me hell on the highway the other day, kinda hurt my feelings , lol, but i think my engine is restricted because it would not let me go as fast as i wanted to go to keep up with him.

Anyway, this post is about a facelift, and your car looks the same. those new bumpers you wrote about still had only minor changes, but the car looks the same. But don't get me wrong, your car is sweet, but it looks the same. I gave you facts, and all you need to do is look at the history of these cars.

you think that what i wrote was a joke so I'm just backing it up, because its true. no matter what you think is a change in the body style, these cars look the same from 6 to 7 years, which is not a bad thing. we get to enjoy the cars for years without a sudden change.

You've got me all wrong, because i drive a 2002 Honda accord to work everyday, and i don't go around bragging about my ride, but since you mentioned it, my car is beautiful. lol

If you read my original post, i said Major changes. These changes that you speak about are not major, they are minor. so i agrre with you , we will see some changes, but in my eyes, they look the same. Take a look at the changes they made to the e class, they made the front end a little pointy, thats not a major change, that's minor. We will notice it, but the average person won't. you see my point ?

at the end of your last comment you gave me some props, and i appreciate that, lol.

Last edited by khelawanb; 08-28-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Yeah the refreshed front and rear will probably "look the same" to most people, but I have a feeling the refreshed grill, lights and bumper will be more noticeable on the 2009 CLS then it was on the 2007 SL refresh due to the possible HUGE front Benz emblem...either way your car is pretty much more unique then any CLS on the road so you wont have to worry ...and I was just kidding about the Honda thing as you already know...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks man. i like the fact that they take their time. it's hard to keep up these days. I tell most people to buy a German car within the first two years, so u get years of fun before the new one makes it old news.

My wife wants the new C class, white, with the AMG kit. what do you think ?

Originally Posted by CY
Yeah the refreshed front and rear will probably "look the same" to most people, but I have a feeling the refreshed grill, lights and bumper will be more noticeable on the 2009 CLS then it was on the 2007 SL refresh due to the possible HUGE front Benz emblem...either way your car is pretty much more unique then any CLS on the road so you wont have to worry ...and I was just kidding about the Honda thing as you already know...
Old 08-29-2007, 03:29 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
I think that all her friends will be very jealous. The new C AMG Sport looks quite high end in my opinion and is great for a wife's car. Not sure about white (even though it probably looks best in white) only because your CLS is already white. Maybe silver or Black? Also the new C at this point is the furthest away from a refresh out of all the benz models on the road so you will have some to time...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 AM

2007 E350, 2004 Expedition Eddie Bauer
Ok, bottom line. Is it worth it to wait for the 2009 facelifted version, or go ahead and buy a 2008? The one weak point I feel the car has is it's nose. It's a little anemic when compared to the rest of it. Will the newer car be significantly different or should I just get one this week?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 AM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
Hey guys, the government, more specifically the European Union is dictating what a new CLS will look like..."The drive to save pedestrian lives in Europe is about to fundamentally alter the design of European cars. Vehicle front ends will have to become higher, squarer and bulkier when new regulations are introduced ...New European laws effective October 1, 2005, are designed to better protect pedestrians and cyclists against road accidents."
Remember how the current W219 came out well before October 2005? My thought is (but what do I know?) that MBZ will only change current front-end design when forced to, or the normal design cycle.
All cars will be looking like Dodge Ramchargers to save pedestrians.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:40 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
I have not spent more than my car is worth, like the people with the Honda showcars, but i still respect them. I had a guy with a Subaru give me hell on the highway the other day, kinda hurt my feelings , lol, but i think my engine is restricted because it would not let me go as fast as i wanted to go to keep up with him.

Anyway, this post is about a facelift, and your car looks the same. those new bumpers you wrote about still had only minor changes, but the car looks the same. But don't get me wrong, your car is sweet, but it looks the same. I gave you facts, and all you need to do is look at the history of these cars.

you think that what i wrote was a joke so I'm just backing it up, because its true. no matter what you think is a change in the body style, these cars look the same from 6 to 7 years, which is not a bad thing. we get to enjoy the cars for years without a sudden change.

You've got me all wrong, because i drive a 2002 Honda accord to work everyday, and i don't go around bragging about my ride, but since you mentioned it, my car is beautiful. lol

If you read my original post, i said Major changes. These changes that you speak about are not major, they are minor. so i agrre with you , we will see some changes, but in my eyes, they look the same. Take a look at the changes they made to the e class, they made the front end a little pointy, thats not a major change, that's minor. We will notice it, but the average person won't. you see my point ?

at the end of your last comment you gave me some props, and i appreciate that, lol.

WHAT!!!!! A Subaru What?.... Let me at him....... where he at?...... lol
Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 e55 amg and 05 CL65 amg
Originally Posted by Arhidi73
Ok, bottom line. Is it worth it to wait for the 2009 facelifted version, or go ahead and buy a 2008? The one weak point I feel the car has is it's nose. It's a little anemic when compared to the rest of it. Will the newer car be significantly different or should I just get one this week?
Bump,,,would like an opinion on this also, as I'm in the same boat
Old 10-25-2007, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think that most people that own this car bought it because they feel that it was built perfectly, and without flaws.

I think the CL or the S class might be a better choice for you since it has a bold front end.

I like them all
Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 PM

There are a couple spy photos of the CLS facelift on the worldcarfans website. Here is the link: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071025....facelift-spied
Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 AM
cda

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 AMG CLS53
I think that most people that own this car bought it because they feel that it was built perfectly, and without flaws.

I think the CL or the S class might be a better choice for you since it has a bold front end.

I like them all
If you were to replace your CLS now, which Benz would you buy?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 63

Originally Posted by cda
If you were to replace your CLS now, which Benz would you buy?