CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS500 From Dealer Auction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500 From Dealer Auction

Folks, One of my friends work at a dealer and he said he can take me to a dealer auction and i can pick a CLS500 there. He has shown me some listings online from the auction of previously sold CLS500. They range from $45K-$52K for an 06CLS with miles ranging from 10K-22K. I was wondering if you all think its a good idea to get a car from there? He said since they already have the factory warranty still in place, if anything is not right, benz will fix it. Is that correct? Ofcourse I will check CARFAX and inspect the car before i purchase. What is your suggestion? I am also looking for one with keyless go. if it doesnt come with it, is it possible to add on later?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:38 PM

09 E350 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
Looks like your griend has everything covered, but isn't that the going rate for a used CLS500? Keyless go cannot be added it either comes with it or it doesn't so it's best if you get one that has it already. Let me know if you can't find what you want I may be able to help you.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by glennp_1999
Looks like your griend has everything covered, but isn't that the going rate for a used CLS500? Keyless go cannot be added it either comes with it or it doesn't so it's best if you get one that has it already. Let me know if you can't find what you want I may be able to help you.
glennpp, you have the exact car that i want, well the color at least. I am looking for the alabaster white CLS.
I will let you know if i cant find one. I should know before the end of the month.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 PM

GL350
Originally Posted by Benz4Mom
Folks, One of my friends work at a dealer and he said he can take me to a dealer auction and i can pick a CLS500 there. He has shown me some listings online from the auction of previously sold CLS500. They range from $45K-$52K for an 06CLS with miles ranging from 10K-22K. I was wondering if you all think its a good idea to get a car from there? He said since they already have the factory warranty still in place, if anything is not right, benz will fix it. Is that correct? Ofcourse I will check CARFAX and inspect the car before i purchase. What is your suggestion? I am also looking for one with keyless go. if it doesnt come with it, is it possible to add on later?
I get my cars from the dealer auction and i saw one of those new CLS in Apr.The same questions came up in my mind..why would they put such a new car up for the auctions for a lot less money then they can sell it on their own lot???
After doing some research ,i gathered that if a leased car was in an accident (not involving another vehicle/no police report) and it is fixed within the Mercedes facilities, the information of the vehicle does not have to be punlicized to any foreign source CARFAX other noneMB dealers etc..
Maybe thats something to think of when it looks too good to be true.
(BTW..We couldn"t even sit in the car,..)
Old 09-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
For what it is worth auction vehicles are not MB Certified Pre-Owned eligible for whatever reason(s) therefore the majority of MB dealers choose not to sell them on their lots.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
thats not bad,, i got a CPO 06 with 33k mi for 46k, loaded minus distronic and auto trunk closer.