CLS 350 cgi problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CLS 350 cgi
Question CLS 350 cgi problems

Greetings from Ireland.

I bought one of the first CGI engined cars into ireland last year. There have been ntwo recurring problems which MB have not been able to trace.

When cruising, without cruise controll on,at a steady 100 -120kph (60 - 75mph) the revs jump up and down slightly between 2000 - 2200 rpm causing a surging sensation about every 20 seconds or so. It is not a nice sensation.

Secondly there is a metallic noise from the underside rear of the car when accelerating gently and when I floor it. It is similar to the "pinking" noise in cars of old. It really takes from the lovely burble that should come from the exhausts. I cant determine if it is coming from the exhaust system or somewhere else.

The car was back to MB twice but their diagnostics showed up nothing. A few weeks ago the car lost power and I limped it to the garage. Turned out the ignition coil needed replacement. I asked if this could be the cause of the above problems. They suggested it could. New coil put in but same problems are still there.

Finally the engine seems very noisy on tick over. Could nearly be mistaken for a diesel. A loud ticking noise can be heard. Seems to be coming from the two pumps for the cgi system under the plastic cover towards rear of the block.MB garage says its not overly noisy but the need to compare it with another CGI car.....6 weeks later they have not had another CGI to compare with.

Has anyone else experienced these problems or is aware of any technical factory improvements to the car?

Looking forward to hearing from you
Old 05-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Mercedes e350 cgi
Hello
I have a mercedes e350 cgi same engine , and i have the same engine noise , i bought it one week ago the car have 30 000 km gone , actually the car is going well but i am really worry about that noise .. Please tell me if you got answer .. And i will too ....
Thank u .
Old 07-01-2014, 09:54 AM

CLS 350 CGI
cls 350 cgi engine lag problem

Hi Eamo,

I have the very same car as you and am experiencing the very same problem as you. After repeated visits to different workshops, diagnostics came through clean, and yet the same 2 symptoms are unresolved! Really frustrating me. No one seems to have an answer. Whenever the car reaches 110 km/h approx, the car kind of transforms into a horse! The engine starts going through an idling stage as though it is losing and and gaining power in repetitions. Can anyone give us a solution? Thanks heaps.