CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

cls500 Urgent response if poss before am tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sold 06 CLS500. SL550 09. SL550 2013. Own C6 Corvette heavily customized garage queen 2005.
cls500 Urgent response if poss before am tomorrow

Appreciate someone posting any service issues/updates that should be coming under warranty and needs to be completed. Haven't been in the country for sometime and taking her in for service tomorrow. For example, never had the navigation CD updated since first new in May2005..should the service people be doing this, or do I need to cough up? really appreciate anything else that I would not know about that needs to be looked into....as in service updates that they should do

and lastly, I don't know if this is just my local Mercedes dealers ploy but I was informed that as my dealership has just gone into new ownership, they are "giving away" new cars at well under sticker price..........just in case I want to trade(I was thinking of getting a 550). Now even though I wouldn't mind a bentley(who wouldn't)..is this the state of the economy here or perhaps I should look into this........?

grateful for any advice...............
Old 11-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M-Class
Originally Posted by branmin
never had the navigation CD updated since first new in May2005..should the service people be doing this, or do I need to cough up?
unfortunately, you'll have to cough up the $$$. The newest DVD from NAVTEQ (available next month) runs $199.

I don't know if this is just my local Mercedes dealers ploy but...
I think you answered your own question. Dealers are stealers...plain and simple

anything else that I would not know about that needs to be looked into....as in service updates that they should do
1. Make sure they check your tire pressure and optimize it for the winter and reset the tire pressure monitor...a lot of CLS owners tend to have issues with that.
2. If the clear plastic dirt/rock protectors by the rear wheel wells are yellowing, you can get those replaced under warranty.

Can't really think of anything else that's really common...the CLS for the most part is a well oiled machine!