Driven only Bimmers....need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpina b7,M6,Z4MC,M3
Driven only Bimmers....need advice

Hey MB World,
Im new to this forum and to the MB cars.I wanted to know from you all about the CLS 500,both good and bad points......maintenance issues,recalls etc.
The only German cars I have driven are Bimmers and I love them.What should I expect from a MB.I want to trade in my 545 for the CLS .....please be honest with your opinions,thnx
Old 11-21-2007 | 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
I know how you feel. I too came from lots of bmw cars. The cls is by far one of the most stunning cars out today. Head turns, neck snaps are abundant. it definately stands out everywhere i go. I was in the drive thru today and a senior citizen stopped me to ask me questions about my car. Maintenance issues, i havent had many except the drip rail recall, and a keyless go problem that was fixed. The only negative thing i could say is that the windows are small, but it's all for the look of the car.

It's a great show and go car. i have distronic, parking assist, keyless go, automatic trunk, heated seats, cooled seats, bluetooth options and love them all. I am looking to add a few mods to the car like rear view cam, auto folding mirrors, illuminated door sills, heated rear seats, lowering module and some engine work too The rest of the car is great too. Large trunk, great interior, awesome performance. When i was shopping it was between a cls55, 760li, and an m6. I am glad with my choice as i believe you will be too.

Last edited by Jocampo; 11-21-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I have both MB and BMWs, and the Mercs have been very reliable. The BMWs have as well. The BMWs tend to have more communicative steering feel, as a result you feel a bit more connected to the car.

If you are considering used, the CLS55 AMG is a fantastic car. The 55K motor is brilliant in the way that it delivers its power. It is also very moddable. We get incredible results with our ECU work and K&N filters.