CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

stupid question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTA
stupid question...

Just a question. It snowed 2 nights ago here in nyc, about an inch or two. Had a couple drinks and decided to have some fun. Took my car to a parking lot and turned off ESP and turned the steering wheel all the way and mashed the gas. started doing some donuts but every time there was a thud and the car just regained control. is this bad for the car? Also, does this wear down my tires even if it's in the snow? Never tried donuts before because I was afraid of messing up the car.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Almost a Member!

E63 AMG
Even with the ESP deativated, there *are still* certain components of the stability control system active. (i.e. You are not able to deactivate 100% of the system.) Regarding tire wear: Your tires are being worn whenever they are in motion against a surface (whether dry asphalt or snow). The only question is, "How much wear?". Hope this helps!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 PM

2007 cls 550
yes your able to deactivate the esp mode 100% you just have to put your car in to dyno mode. do a search on here and it will tell u how to do it. oh yeah and dont crack Up your car!!!