CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.
View Poll Results: Should I raise hell about this?
Ask them first, and see what they say.
50.00%
Go ballistic and see what they say.
0%
Go in slap nuts, and demand a reimbursement.
50.00%
Just drop it, and charge it to the game.
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Problem...need an opinion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Question Problem...need an opinion.

I have an issue. When I bought my CLS, I noticed BEFORE it was shipped on the pic's that the external temp was showing 185 F. Now I know that could not be possible, so I asked the dealer to fix this. When the car was sent over to Park Place Mercedes in Dallas, it was said to have been fixed.

When delivered, I noticed the D@MN temp was still 185. I finally took it over to RBM in Atlanta to find out what is the deal.

Not only was the sensor missing, it was cut off. The wire had been cut and taped and wrapped inside of the bumper. The harness was missing. The SM showed me this, and said that made no sense. Even it they had replaced the grille, (the was replaced to do a small dent in the front bottom grille in Dallas) why would they cut the harness? To wrap up, this cost me $260 to get corrected. Luckily, I have a good relationship with RBM and the SM so they threw in the harness, and spliced it for me. The $260 was labor and a new sensor, due to all the breakdown they had to do.

My question is, should I raise HE double hockey sticks to the dealer in Dallas and ask them to reimburse me, being that they told me it was fixed?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
If you have a Park Place (PP) repair invoice documenting that they replaced the grille and repaired the sensor you can present a copy of the RBM repair invoice along with a written summary from the RBM SM to the PP SM and request full reimbursement.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile That is the problem...

I only have an inspection report that tells about the tire wear left, brakes, etc. No invoice was done for the sensor. OH NO!

Thinking on next step...advise.