newbie needs info!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
newbie needs info!

Hey all,
New to the C219 forums!
Hmm, I have a 2005 CLS500, first owner, full MB service record, around 10000miles on the clock.
Tonight, as I left my friend's place, it showed up "active lights defective" and something like "ESP defective" or something. I drove on thinking it isn't much of a problem as long as I don't drive too fast.
Now, before I take it back to MB (for the zillion-th time, gearbox, airmatic, arm rest, etc etc have been fixed at MB), is there anything I can do? I stopped at a hard shoulder to start the car again but the thing still shows up. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 01-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Benz and Beemers
Try to claim it under the lemon law? If I had that many problems, the car would have been replace already.

Originally Posted by jeffreyli86
Hey all,
New to the C219 forums!
Hmm, I have a 2005 CLS500, first owner, full MB service record, around 10000miles on the clock.
Tonight, as I left my friend's place, it showed up "active lights defective" and something like "ESP defective" or something. I drove on thinking it isn't much of a problem as long as I don't drive too fast.
Now, before I take it back to MB (for the zillion-th time, gearbox, airmatic, arm rest, etc etc have been fixed at MB), is there anything I can do? I stopped at a hard shoulder to start the car again but the thing still shows up. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
I remember reading something about that in the manual about the lights not working so it uses different lights, it might be just the bulb is dead. Read the manual for the exact phrase the comp is *****in about.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 PM

2007 E63
i had the same thing come up on mine, in the dealer out in under 2hrs, cant remember what the issue was, but it needs to see the dealer.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:39 AM

Thanks for the info guys! I'll just book it in for an appointment then! Too bad there's no lemon law here in Hong Kong

Cheers!!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
Hey do you see many aftermarket accessories for the cls in hk? Lip spoilers light bulbs etc?? any other interior mods the far east have done to the cls?? I havent been to hong king since like 1988, and back then they had everything you could think of. let us know.