Bent Tie rod???? Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 500
Bent Tie rod???? Please help

Dear All:

I took my car into NTB near my workplace for an alignment and to get my wheels balanced. When I went into pick it up, the manager told me that they were concerned about my front passenger wheel. It is off center in the wheel well. It sits back closer to the back of the wheel well, so there is more space in the front than back. I will upload pictures tomorrow. I assume I did damage in a recent snow 'storm' where I couldnt stop and rolled into the curb.

He said that the tie rod is slightly bent, which is causing the wheel to sit back. The drivers side front wheel is fine. This issue is causing my car to pull right, hard. Thats why I brought it into them in the first place. I hate, totally hate HBL Mercedes, and I can take it to EuroMotors in Germantown.

Should I take it to a collision place or should I let NTB repair the bent tie rod?

I apologize for not uploading pictures now, I will later tomorrow so everyone can have a better look.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 cls 550
i say you go to you dealer and buy 2 new tie rods.its not going to cost ya too much.