CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Headlight Washers???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Headlight Washers???

I'm trying to find out if anyone here has functioning headlight washers that doesn't have the lighting package on their car??
Old 04-11-2008, 07:47 PM

2007 CLS 550 and some other MBZ
I got a brochure sitting right in front of me. Headlamp washers are part of P2 Package and is listed as an option. If you don't have the button right next to the light switch your car doesn't have the washers I believe.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:32 PM

in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by mbenz1
I got a brochure sitting right in front of me. Headlamp washers are part of P2 Package and is listed as an option. If you don't have the button right next to the light switch your car doesn't have the washers I believe.
I know about the button but I'm pretty sure that they came with the Bi-Xenon when the CLS first came out. I'm just trying to find out if anyone with halogens has the washers or is it only Bi-Xenon people.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Only cars with Bix have working headlamp washers. Don't be fooled by the cutouts in the bumpers as these exist on all CLS cars. Only Bix cars actually have the washers. Further confusing this is the change in MY07 with the removal of the headlamp washer button. Headlamp washing is now done automatically with windshield washing (every x times the windshield washer is activated, the headlamp washers are activated)
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 PM

in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by silberrosa
Only cars with Bix have working headlamp washers. Don't be fooled by the cutouts in the bumpers as these exist on all CLS cars. Only Bix cars actually have the washers. Further confusing this is the change in MY07 with the removal of the headlamp washer button. Headlamp washing is now done automatically with windshield washing (every x times the windshield washer is activated, the headlamp washers are activated)
Thanks for the confirmation. That is what I thought. So you can pretty much tell what CLS has the Bi-Xenon by looking inside at the headlight switch then. And I think that it's 20 times for the windshield washer.