CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Need some advice for what to do to my bros CLS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Need some advice for what to do to my bros CLS...

I think this is my first post in the CLS section of the forum and I need some advice. My bros car was victim of a hit and run a little while ago, only the front grill got messed up. A enw stock grille from MB was quoted at 350!!!!! So we ended up buying a used one for $80, but I got an OEM AMG grille, painted black with a silver star.

The car is silver, so when I put it on his car, should I also tint the windows and black out the lights?

Now I should let you know that I'm doing this because I need to sell it.

I also need to know how much I should expect to sell this car for.

Its a 2006 CLS500, 42,000 miles, Silver on Black
Navigation
Heated/Cooled seats
Keyless Go
Aux Input

Idk what that car comes stock with, so some of those might not be options.

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thank you
Old 06-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 cls500 wald kit
i think if ur gonna sell it maybe just keep it clean looking id stay away from the black and silver look unless ur gonna go into all the little detail but it could get costly it also matters what finish ur rims are good luck with the sale
Old 06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
The grille was Fd up, it needed to be changed. And I think it will come out to about teh same price as a new OEM grille to get the black AMG grille and the tints and blacked lights. I think it will make it more appealing to some buyers. I'm not doing it to get more $$$$ for the car, just more attention in the ads I place.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 PM

2006 cls500 wald kit
thats just gonna limit ur buyers to a certain kinda person older people are not gonna want a car all blacked out so it will mainly appeal to the younger generation and if u leave it stock people can have the option
Old 06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
got pics of the car?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:33 PM

09 E350 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
I was going to trade my car in until the dealer told me the appraisal for the car. The car has 13700 miles 2 years old with all the bells and whistles. They said low bluebook was 49k minus 5k because its a V8 so I would be way upside down on the deal. This was coming from an MB dealer that I bought the car from. You will have a better chance on selling it in private, but the prices of use CLS at the dealer is pretty low. I saw and CLS55 for about 49k I think it had less miles than my car. I was pretty bummed out when they told me this now I have no choice but to keep it until the lease is up. It's not a sellers market out there right now. V8's are almost a none moving inventory for dealers. Goodluck with your sell I hope you have a better luck than I do.