CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Designo black/Obsidian black on Cls63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 CLS63 AMG(Designo Platinum Blk,030), 09 C63 AMG, 2010 Maserati QP Sport GTS, 2010 Maserati GTS MC
Designo black/Obsidian black on Cls63

Hello~ I just placed an order for the 09 cls63 amg and just wanted to ask you guys a quick question. I have mentioned this topic in an another thread, but did not get too much feedbacks. I pretty much loaded up the car with all the options including the 030 package and carbon fiber trim with black interior and obsidian black paint. According to the dealer, I still have one more day to change any specs, so I was debating on whether I should go for the designo platinum black color. Has anyone seen this color on cls? If so, is it worth $2200? I saw a sample paint block of it and was not really able to tell a significant difference. Please let me know what you members think. Thank you very much for your thoughts~
Old 06-18-2008, 04:13 PM

Mercedes CLS 320 CDI
Hi there! About half a year ago I had to choose the color for my CLS, was considering designo mokka black, designo platinum black and designo graphit green...at the end it went for mokka black (kind of dark brown)
...I was driving ~300 miles to watch a platinum black CLS, I thought it would be worth it. Finally, it was worth it, but to save oneself from a wrong decision: To me, platinum black was so much disappointing, my girl friend was asking the dealer if the car is Obsidian black, but not washed and polished. Platinum is kind of dirty black, you would hate it...
Best,
Tony
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Heres something to think about...I have Obsidian Black on my new C and its like throwing $800 bucks out the window. The car has to be spotless to actually see the silver flakes in the paint, otherwise it just looks like plain black. My car is never spotless, so it feels like I paid $800 bucks for plain black.

I believe you can mix and match the Designo package, so if you can get just the exterior color or just the interior package. The Red Leather and Black Piano trim would be a great combo for a White or Diamond White car, or even a Silver car.

Last edited by chilledbenz; 06-18-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 AM

09 CLS63 AMG(Designo Platinum Blk,030), 09 C63 AMG, 2010 Maserati QP Sport GTS, 2010 Maserati GTS MC
I was actually interested in the designo interior as well but unfortunately they are not available with AMGs. According to the order guide and dealer, only the paint is available. I guess I will just stick with the designo platinum black paint with black leather. It seems llike that people like the designo black more than the obsidian black. Thanks for your thoughts~
Old 07-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS550
I have the Designo Black and love it