CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

New Owner. Maint and warrant questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS-550 / 2015 GLA-250
New Owner. Maint and warrant questions

Hi All, I recently bought a beautiful 06 CLS 500. Being Mercedes Certified, I was able to extend the warranty. My questions are:

If I do my own servicing, with the correct filters and fluids, will I have any problems should warranty claims arise?

Is there an explanation of routine procedures (with pics if possible) for this car? I searched and found oil and filter instructions, but not for my model.

I have always maintained my BMW's in the past, but this is my first Benz.

I love this car!

Thanks,

Kirk
Old 10-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by Kirkdob
Hi All, I recently bought a beautiful 06 CLS 500. Being Mercedes Certified, I was able to extend the warranty. My questions are:

If I do my own servicing, with the correct filters and fluids, will I have any problems should warranty claims arise?

Is there an explanation of routine procedures (with pics if possible) for this car? I searched and found oil and filter instructions, but not for my model.

I have always maintained my BMW's in the past, but this is my first Benz.

I love this car!

Thanks,

Kirk
Congrats on the new purchase of such a beautiful car. I'm sure you'll enjoy for years to come. I also conduct all my own maintenance. Your best bet is to keep all your receipts and a very good maintenance log in case you need to defend a warranty claim. I asked this very question to my salesman when I leased my R350. I was advised to do the same.