CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

SLEEK MOTORING IS THE BEST!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLEEK MOTORING IS THE BEST!!!

So, I bought my Black CLS500 almost two years ago in the bay area, rims included, some basic rims painted to match the car, whatever, I spend 69k so i was kinda tapped out, wanted to run those rims and tires as long as possible..... Story of my life!!!

So I went on craigslist just to see what was out there not expecting much, stumbled upon Sleek Motoring in Mountain View CA, did some research and decided to go down there to check it out. When I get there, Sam(owner)helps me out. Really honest guy also genuine, considerate and looks out for his customers best interest!!! With that said, after an hour of deliberation and talks about prices, options, lowering, and any other annoying questions I could possibly ask, I decided to do business with him dispite me going over 1k budget we order a set of rims and tires to be delivered and installed the following week, whatever, there's no price on great customer service.

We swapped out my old 20 inch black painted ghetto rims for a set of Mandrus Millenium Gloss Black Rims, 20x8.5 in fronts 20x11 in the rear wrapped in Falken FK452's, lowered the car almost 3 inches all the way around using Mercedes Benz OEM lowering links.

My car was up for no less than 3 hours, but the difference and transformation from ghetto to euro or rather trashy to classy was complete b4 rush hour traffic..... Super happy with the rims, the drop, ride is better than ever, customer service was exceptional, and price was a steal!!!! Thanks Sam!!!

Now the pics of b4 and after..... Enjoy!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails SLEEK MOTORING IS THE BEST!!!-wall.jpg   SLEEK MOTORING IS THE BEST!!!-dsc01833.jpg   SLEEK MOTORING IS THE BEST!!!-dsc01831.jpg   SLEEK MOTORING IS THE BEST!!!-dsc01800.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz and Beemers
Originally Posted by BAYCLS
So, I bought my Black CLS500 almost two years ago in the bay area, rims included, some basic rims painted to match the car, ...................

So I went on craigslist just to see what was out there not expecting much, stumbled upon Sleek Motoring in Mountain View CA, did some research and decided to go down there to check it out. When I get there, Sam(owner)helps me out. Enjoy!!!!!!
Waddup! Its Sam. Glad to see that you left with a smile.

When I have some time on a Sunday, I will come over to your side of the bay and chill with you.

Dont forget to pick up the Wald kit you ordered.

Your pics suck!

Here are they pics I took. Not much better. Lets take some better pics once you bring back a clean car.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 PM

CLS500
Your car looks Great!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Benz and Beemers
Baycls, you remember that 6 series that was parked outside? This is what we did with those coilovers.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:23 PM

06 w219 & 00 w208
sick stance on the 6 series.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
That doesn't look like a 3" drop, a 3" drop will almost tuck the wheel in. The bimmer does. The Wald kit will definately help out the look of your CLS. Regardless, those rims look very nice for the price. I did looked into that as my alternative before.
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...s-img_3497.jpg

Last edited by apdesign; 01-08-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 AM

Benz and Beemers
Your correct, I just lowered it so everything looks complete. I didnt want to slam it as low as my car. In person, his car only has about a 1 finger gap.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 AM

it was a 3 inch drop based on the wrong set up from the other ghetto rims i had.... HAAHAHAHA!!! It was pretty freakin ugly b4 and high as hell!!!! It seem like it had a lift kit based on what its sitting at now..... LMFAO!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:15 PM

Benz and Beemers
it was a 3 inch drop based on the wrong set up from the other ghetto rims i had.... HAAHAHAHA!!! It was pretty freakin ugly b4 and high as hell!!!! It seem like it had a lift kit based on what its sitting at now..... LMFAO!!!
If you want to get it really slammed and close to a 3" drop, just come by when you have some free time. If you want, we can bring it down like this one, but be prepared to loose some ride quality.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM

in your Mom's car
How was it a 3 inch drop based on the wrong set up? If they are both 20's it should've been the same height as your current rims. Maybe you just had the raise button on the whole time

I love the shined up tires with the dirty car too. Lol.

Keep it clean. Looks good.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Benz and Beemers
Originally Posted by Inf4life
How was it a 3 inch drop based on the wrong set up? If they are both 20's it should've been the same height as your current rims. Maybe you just had the raise button on the whole time

I love the shined up tires with the dirty car too. Lol.

Keep it clean. Looks good.
We didnt measure the old height, but it was a day and night difference.

Man, with the old setup, that car was a mess. Wrong offsets, wrong wheel widths, wrong tire sizes. With the old setup, and the wheels being sucked in, his car did look like it was lifted or almost donk style. It is one of those things that you had to see in person.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:53 PM

in your Mom's car
I guess so.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 AM

land rover range rover
can we get a "before" pic to see the transformation? and mercedes has factory lowering links? how they differ from the aftermarket ones? and what is the benifit of links vs. star lowering or module? i wish i was in california. seems like all the custom car shops are there, anybody know someone in st louis who can lower my cls55? thanks.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:49 AM

Benz and Beemers
Sorry, but I didnt get before pics. As for the links, Mercedes does build and adjustable link that is conpatible with the front of these cars. I dont know the pluses and minuses about either way of lowering it, but this technique is what I am comfortable with. I have lowered numerous cars this way and have never ran into any problems. If installed properly, its pretty much fool proof.

Originally Posted by akitchell
can we get a "before" pic to see the transformation? and mercedes has factory lowering links? how they differ from the aftermarket ones? and what is the benifit of links vs. star lowering or module? i wish i was in california. seems like all the custom car shops are there, anybody know someone in st louis who can lower my cls55? thanks.