CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Bumper conversion for quad exhaust on CLS500 w/ AMG Styling package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500
Bumper conversion for quad exhaust on CLS500 w/ AMG Styling package?

Does anyone know what needs to be done to convert a 2006 CLS 500 with AMG Sport Styling package rear bumper (with two single exhaust pipes) to a CLS 55/63 AMG rear bumper (with two dual exhaust pipes). I have enclosed photos of both bumpers. Is it by chance the same bumper but different aprons (between the exhaust pipes)? What parts do I need and do I need to do any custom work? If so can you recommend any shops in Norcal. Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails Bumper conversion for quad exhaust on CLS500 w/ AMG Styling package?-2006mbcls55_amg_bumper.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz and Beemers
I see a couple different ways of doing this.

1st - Just purchase the litte black bumper trim piece from the CLS55/CLS65. Use that piece as a template and trim your stock bumper. Then, you can use some OEM dual tip mufflers or after market mufflers. If you want, you may be able to just use your stockmufflers, and just weld dual tips onto it.

2nd - Find someone selling a OEM bumper and muffler setup and just swap everything over.

3rd - Get all new dealer ship parts and swap everything over. This can cost big $$$
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOpalCLS500
Does anyone know what needs to be done to convert a 2006 CLS 500 with AMG Sport Styling package rear bumper (with two single exhaust pipes) to a CLS 55/63 AMG rear bumper (with two dual exhaust pipes). I have enclosed photos of both bumpers. Is it by chance the same bumper but different aprons (between the exhaust pipes)? What parts do I need and do I need to do any custom work? If so can you recommend any shops in Norcal. Thanks!!!
A good muffler shop or body shop can cut your rear diffuser to fit dual exhaust tips and then you can have the muffler shop fabricate the dual tips onto your existing exhaust if you want to save money. I had mine done in LA but with an original AMG exhaust. I did do only the tips when I had my CL. Here's a link to my thread and photos to my CLS:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...ition-cls.html
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM

CLS 500
Thanks duc&tlrsammy and apdesign. Appreciate your insight. apdesign your car look awesome. My local MB dealership - Smythe European - confirmed what you both said.

Option 1 - cut out the bumper - will need a new CLS55/CLS63 facia (the little black bumper trim apron) with P/N 219 885 0925 which is listed at $441. I am waiting for costs to do the bumper cutting.

Option 2 - used CLS55/CLS63 parts - is there anyone out there who wants to part with their OEM CLS55/CLS63 rear bumper with parktronic plus the OEM CLS55/CLS63 rear bumper facia? My preference is Black Opal for a quick swap. But I can take any other color as well. If so what is your price?

Option 3 - new CLS55/CLS63 parts - a new bumper is around $1500-1600 (depending if you have parktronic or not) plus the apron $441 plus painting, makes this option very expensive.

I am planning to weld on a pair of AMG style muffler tips with single inlet and double outlets on to my CLS500 mufflers ($159.99).

Last edited by BlackOpalCLS500; 02-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:37 PM

CLS 500
Originally Posted by apdesign
A good muffler shop or body shop can cut your rear diffuser to fit dual exhaust tips and then you can have the muffler shop fabricate the dual tips onto your existing exhaust if you want to save money. I had mine done in LA but with an original AMG exhaust. I did do only the tips when I had my CL. Here's a link to my thread and photos to my CLS:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...ition-cls.html
How did the LA shop cut your bumper? Did they cut your existing bumper and facia (black apron) or did they cut bumper only plus replacing your stock facia with a new CLS55/CLS63 facia? How does it look where it is cut?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
SAVE MONEY....Don't need option 1, 2, or 3. Mine was just a straight cut with the bumper attached. I PMed you. Royal Muffler in Chatworth did it for me. His name is Jimmy. Superior work. Very young talented guy. Here his info: Rotal mufflers 21300 Devonshire St # 15
Chatsworth, CA 91311 (818) 993-9004‎ and website:http://www.royalmuffler.com
Post some pictures of you car when done.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 PM

08' cls550 08 bmw m6 conv
jimmy is the guy i did my there to custom muffler and cut the rear out looks like oem he is that good