CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Update: Photos of Floor Jack Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 243 Likes on 155 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
Update: Photos of Floor Jack Solution

Sorry for the lack of photos in my previous post -- I didn't realize the photos would not load via the other site. Here you go:

At Home Depot I found the perfect piece -- a 1/2" Top Beam Clamp ($3.98), by Thomas & Betts, stock number Z503. This piece and the other pieces I've used are shown in the photos. I trimmed off a piece (shown) from the Beam Clamp and the remaining piece fits perfectly into both the front and rear jack receptacles. I used a hardened bolt of the correct length (110mm) to fit into the pipe pieces. I used a high-speed cutting tool (22K rpm) to cut the Clamp, but a hack saw would work.

There is more clearance on the CLS and you can rotate the Clamp 180 degrees to completely eliminate any concerns about contacting the side skirts. Hope this helps.

BTW -- I do not care for the "Reverse Logic Jack Pad Tool" because it relies on friction between the pad and the jack to keep the two from sliding sideways off the jack. The pipe insert into the jack precludes that potential problem.