CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Help - My 1st problem with my CLS..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes CLS 500
Help - My 1st problem with my CLS..

Hi guys, i just need a little help before i go to the dealer...i want to see if i can fix it myself, i currently have a '06 CLS500. I just found out today that my battery is totally dead, keyless key wont open the door, i tried using the metal key - it fits perfectly but it does not open the door - i was wondering if there's a trick using that metal key in opening that door.....I would like to take the battery only to get it tested rather than the entire car.......
Attached Thumbnails Help - My 1st problem with my CLS..-my-1st-benz.jpg  
Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by gr8guy0211
Hi guys, i just need a little help before i go to the dealer...i want to see if i can fix it myself, i currently have a '06 CLS500. I just found out today that my battery is totally dead, keyless key wont open the door, i tried using the metal key - it fits perfectly but it does not open the door - i was wondering if there's a trick using that metal key in opening that door.....I would like to take the battery only to get it tested rather than the entire car.......
No trick. Mine just slides right in. Just make sure the blade is long side up when you are putting it in. If it doesn't work then your blade is not cut for your car. If you still want to get in I could suggest sliding a coat hanger in and pulling one of the locks up. With our cars being frameless it should be kind of easy to do. Otherwise you are going to have to get towed to the dealership. Good luck.

Last edited by Inf4life; 04-09-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by gr8guy0211
Call MB 24hrs Roadside Assistance 1-800-367-6372, they (MBUSA) will send out help to your house, replace the battery if needed (in my local SoCal, it was $160.00 for the battery), no labor charge for this service. The price may be vary depend on your geographic location & I heard that MB price increase since the 1st of this year. You may have check the charging system of your car. The OEM battery on my car last 6 years before I replaced it. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes CLS 500
thanks for the great advice ..i towed my car today to the dealer..They need to replaced my keys - both of them are useless
FYI - MB roadside assistance will replace your battery for 06 CLS500 - $360 something including tax and placement.